Denmarks Daily Deluxe aka " DDD"

denmarkboy

I've been looking for a daily driver i could use to run parts and get around to local events and meets . this is what i came up with . found this little gem 3 hours away in the middle of the oregon plains .

drove home 3 hours straight no problem ( need a 5 spd much lol) i hate 55

1977 king cab deluxe , l20, 4 spd , new weber , and the first pictures . 

IMAG3289_zpsxzvnuqsj.jpgIMAG3269_zpsvj6gwqda.jpgIMAG3273_zpszgtqew6f.jpgIMAG3274_zpsjzjpmwjh.jpgIMAG3275_zpsiv91la51.jpgIMAG3276_zpsf2ievidf.jpgIMAG3277_zpspft7ywg1.jpgIMAG3278_zps1gdrcchb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You manage your time very well. I do not see how you have time to do all those wicked modifications, and still have time to find all these nice trucks. Very nice find. Floors look great. Are you going to paint her?

I sure try ,for me, not much more fun out there . I love chasing the cars almost as much as I love building them .

And the fact is except for a couple of email. I only spent 6 hours of.my day yesterday to save this 620.. it would of got scrapped on a couple more weeks .

drove home 3 hours straight no problem ( need a 5 spd much lol) i hate 55

It's my findings of late that a higher range diff is a better and cheaper way to get better freeway speeds before doing a 5-speed swap. Of course both together make for an awesome freeway cruiser.

• Like 1

It's my findings of late that a higher range diff is a better and cheaper way to get better freeway speeds before doing a 5-speed swap. Of course both together make for an awesome freeway cruiser.

I like that idea, not sure I wanna change the trans . I would rather leave it original .

Looks great!

i've told many people  that i will never win the lottery, because i dont have that kind of luck , but i make up for it when it comes to other stuff , ( like cars ) 

so after driving 3 hours yesterday to buy something i've never seen, who knows what could be waiting ?! but with my luck in my pocket i headed out blind . And thanks to my luck , i get there to find a 100% rust free truck that has never been messed with .Thank you luck !! 

• Like 1

today  wanted to remove the weber and it just wont idle , before removing it thought i would at least adjust the carb, no matter what i did i couldn't get it to idle . pulled the carb and put on one that i know is perfect and same issue , 

At this point it is time to look elsewhere, tried setting points and adjusting timing , still wont run unless its above 2200 rpm , so pulled dizzy to inspect and found its shot , the shaft moves side to side so much at low rpm would not run . .

Also did some closer looks at the rest of the truck, found some cool stuff to share ... i am falling in love with this thing quick! I know they dont put mirrors on before shipping but did they include them ? both mirrors are the same and are stamped " made in japan " on the back , and these are the only mirrors that have been mounted on the truck .

also having the seats recovered next week, while i have the seats out i am going to try and clean and save the carpet.

here is some shots from todayIMAG3327_zpsbmz9iaob.jpgIMAG3328_zps1cbmfxpn.jpgIMAG3330_zpsy1md9gyx.jpgIMAG3331_zpsybccvo4d.jpgIMAG3341_zpshqcq0u8t.jpgIMAG3342_zpsarwn7zxh.jpg

• Like 1