1981 720p datsun 4x4 truck motor swap?

DatsunKing2014

Ok I need some help guys I think I cracked the cylinder head on my truck. Im new to the forum but nobody knows about datsuns in oklahoma atleast not ne ok so I am wandering if I can put the ka24de motor and tranny in my truck without a lot of problems the 24 is fuel injected my z22 is carberated. Also how do I post pics of my truck

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting.

You can upload your photos to photobucket or some other site and then link using the button that looks like a smal picure of a tree to post the link.  it is next to the <> link.

There is icon that looks like a switch in the upper right hand corner of the rich text tool bar.  You may need to turn that on.  Hopefully that helps.  Maybe someone else can clarify.

Well I pulled it off and found the head warped. So I took it to a machine shop he shaved it down and now im waitin on the gasket and shim. Ill post pics. I could actually buy a ka24de cheaper tan a nee head is why I asked aboit the swap thanks guys

No you can't. The KA swap is not that cheap. Needs high pressure fuel pump for the EFI, total wiring change over for EFI, engine mounts plus an oil pan that will clear your front differential, exhaust hook up.