Police armed with camber gauges...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/07/23/12005910/

HOUSTON -- A Houston-based company with offices in London and Dubai that helps protect cargo ships from pirates is now helping a southwest neighborhood protect itself against common thieves.

As Officer Leroy Bill patrols the streets for the Sharpstown Civic Association, he looks and sounds like a cop.

We're looking for broke windows, and we're looking for kicked in doors, said Bill.

He and his fellow officers are certainly armed like cops and even have their own K-9 units. In reality, they are security officers for Seal Security, and they ve been contracted by the subdivision since November.

We actually patrol districts and subdivisions like this one to give them a little more security for their money, said James Alexander, Seal s director of operations.

The civic association used to contract with the constables office for a deputy to patrol the area, but now that it's gone with Seal security, it has three to four officers patrolling the streets at any given time, and at half the cost. Also cut in half: the number of monthly burglaries.

When a young mother in the neighborhood was recently stabbed multiple times in front of her children, a Seal security officer was the first to arrive on scene.

Our guy was on duty making a routine patrol. He comes around the corner and was flagged down, sees the assault, draws his weapon and breaks it up, said Jim Bigham, president of the Sharpstown Civic Association.

Bigham says the measure has saved the association roughly $200,000, while giving residents added peace of mind.

It's great. I feel a lot better, said Sharpstown resident Donna Fain. Last month, my dad's car was broken into, and I hear they've reduced the number of car break-ins by a significant amount.

just something i found on the net

ME, THE LOUSY COP

Me, the Lousy Cop

Well Mr. Citizen, I guess you have figured me out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the "lousy" cop.

Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out.

From birth you teach your children that I am a person to be wary of...and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal.

You accuse me of coddling juvenile criminals, until I catch your kid doing something.

You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.

You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals with your troubles.

You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you.

You know all the traffic laws, but never got one ticket you deserved.

You shout "Foul!" if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call.

You call it "part of my job" if someone strikes me. But its "police brutality" if I strike back.

You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always willing to give me pointers on law enforcement.

You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand there and take it without batting an eye.

You cry, "Something has to be done about all the crime!" but you can't be bothered with getting involved.

You've got no use for me at all, but, of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car on the way to the hospital, save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours overtime to find your lost daughter.

So, Dear Citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing - me, or one of my buddies.

Yes, me, the lousy cop.

- Author unknown

just something i found on the net

ME, THE LOUSY COP

Me, the Lousy Cop

Well Mr. Citizen, I guess you have figured me out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the "lousy" cop.

Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out.

From birth you teach your children that I am a person to be wary of...and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal.

You accuse me of coddling juvenile criminals, until I catch your kid doing something.

You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.

You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals with your troubles.

You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you.

You know all the traffic laws, but never got one ticket you deserved.

You shout "Foul!" if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call.

You call it "part of my job" if someone strikes me. But its "police brutality" if I strike back.

You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always willing to give me pointers on law enforcement.

You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand there and take it without batting an eye.

You cry, "Something has to be done about all the crime!" but you can't be bothered with getting involved.

You've got no use for me at all, but, of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car on the way to the hospital, save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours overtime to find your lost daughter.

So, Dear Citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing - me, or one of my buddies.

Yes, me, the lousy cop.

- Author unknown

I think I have discovered one of the issues, the sky in their world must be a wonderful color of whatever they find neat. Lets go down this list.

"I guess you have figured me out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical."

Poor soul, can you imagine how horrid it would be if men in a powerful position did the same thing...Oh my.

"Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out."

So you just guess incorrectly and call it right? Good work Sherlock.

"From birth you teach your children that I am a person to be wary of...and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal."

While this is not even close to true for 99% of Americans. I will speak on behalf of the 1% that do that...Perhaps if you had not blasted someone they know full of holes when he reached for his wallet....That 1% would not tell their children to be careful around you.

"You accuse me of coddling juvenile criminals, until I catch your kid doing something."

Wait...didn't you just say that we teach your kid that cops are the enemy? Which is it, we think you are too easy or you are too hard? 

"You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup."

Stop being so fucking paranoid. The only time we think of you is when you are right behind us at a light..

"You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals with your troubles."

​Yes, having to do your job as a cop instead of cramming something in your face is a hassle I know. Perhaps you should have become a nuclear physicist instead.

"You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you."

Newsflash, no one like to have money taken from them and they are pissed about it even if they are in the wrong.

"You know all the traffic laws, but never got one ticket you deserved."

Well, someone should probably know them don't you think, because most of the time, you fuckers have no idea what the law actually is and will get pissed if informed of the facts.

"You shout "Foul!" if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call."

No one does this. Also, trying to get back to the station so you can clock out and go home does not qualify as an emergency. Those things on your roof are known as lights, turn them on and no one will have a problem with you speeding. But, past me at 85mph, with no lights on and not going to an emergency, then we have an issue, you're being a dick and abusing your power.

"You call it "part of my job" if someone strikes me. But its "police brutality" if I strike back"

No we do not, defending yourself is not repeatedly punching a guy in the head when he is handcuffed, that is brutality, stop making shit up to make it sound like anything else.

"You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always willing to give me pointers on law enforcement."

​Oh, so now you're a surgeon. Okay doctor, how about this...do your job correctly and then perhaps you will not be corrected on how to do it. In example, if my Doctor shows up with a sawsall, and then takes a big bong riff before he begins cutting me open, I (and most others) would say something. 

"You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand there and take it without batting an eye."

No, most of us do not do that. You just get in a huge huff when anyone questions your authority in the least and the fact that you think that always leads to a punch in the face with other people that are not cops really shows where your train of thought is. And, just for the sake of argument, lets say what you said is true...Yes, that is what you are supposed to do, it's your job to be professional even if the person you are giving a ticket to is not.

"You cry, "Something has to be done about all the crime!" but you can't be bothered with getting involved."

Again I will have to ask you to make up your mind here. Are we always bothering you with stuff and tell you laws and telling you how to do your job better or do we do nothing?

"You've got no use for me at all, but, of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car on the way to the hospital, save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours overtime to find your lost daughter."

Alright there super cop, these things are your job. This may shock the ever loving shit out of you, but many of us citizens do work that is not really appreciated either.

"So, Dear Citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing - me, or one of my buddies."

Or maybe you will shoot me for scratching my ass and then get two weeks paid leave over it. The fact that it's sort of a spin of the wheel that may happen needs to change.

'Yes, me, the lousy cop.'

Perhaps you're a good one, they are out there, but you seem to think we are always the enemy, you are supposed to protect us whether you like us or not, this is not an us against them game, it may feel like that to you, but it's not. There are bad people and good people, just like there are lousy cops and good cops. If you have had a lot of issues with civilians, might I suggest this line of wisdom to you....If you meet an asshole in the morning...then you met an asshole....if you meet assholes ALL day long......you're the asshole.

"Author unknown"

Balless.

• Like 2

i love you smoke

Perhaps you're a good one, they are out there, but you seem to think we are always the enemy, you are supposed to protect us whether you like us or not, this is not an us against them game, it may feel like that to you, but it's not. There are bad people and good people, just like there are lousy cops and good cops. If you have had a lot of issues with civilians, might I suggest this line of wisdom to you....If you meet an asshole in the morning...then you met an asshole....if you meet assholes ALL day long......you're the asshole.

i wish everyone on the planet would have that magic power (common sense) , the world would be great

i love you smoke

i wish everyone on the planet would have that magic power (common sense) , the world would be great

All we need to do is start getting rid of child safety devices, seatbelts and airbags and a lot of the would take care of themselves.

One of my good buddies is a detective with the Sheriff's Department for Kootenai County.  He started in patrol.  He is one of the most patient, level-headed individuals I know, and he's built bigger than smoke.  I wish they could clone him because he is the epitome of "good cop."  I asked him one time about the propensity for cops being bad and he said, basically, if the cop is a jerk, he will likely get in more bad situations and elevate those situations where the outcome might not be favorable.  If you take the extra time to try and understand people, you have a lot less issues.

• Like 1

Yep, there are good cops out there, on good days and bad days.  Most of the time, I don't want to find out if they're good or bad... just want to be on my way and mind my own business.

Speaking of not getting involved, fuck that... if you're up to no good in my neighborhood I will chase you down and regulate, and then call the cops.

-Robert

• Like 1

One of my good buddies is a detective with the Sheriff's Department for Kootenai County.  He started in patrol.  He is one of the most patient, level-headed individuals I know, and he's built bigger than smoke.  I wish they could clone him because he is the epitome of "good cop."  I asked him one time about the propensity for cops being bad and he said, basically, if the cop is a jerk, he will likely get in more bad situations and elevate those situations where the outcome might not be favorable.  If you take the extra time to try and understand people, you have a lot less issues.

This has a lot to do with their training. Training in many ways is a light form of brain washing. Some guys soak up everything, which leads to a cop that thinks everyone is out to get them, others (like your friend) have the ability of critical thinking and make up their own mind per given situation.

The Corps was the same way. They first get you so physically exhausted so you can hardly put a thought together of your own, then tell you how to think. It's very effective.

Critical thinking for a raging cop, how fast can I pull the trigger.

Here the county cops carry a minimum of 32 rounds on duty. At least that's what my LEO friend told me. I never really thought about it before he mentioned it, seems excessive to me, but them streets of suburbia must be rougher than I know of lol.

-Robert

Critical thinking for a raging cop, how fast can I pull the trigger.

Here the county cops carry a minimum of 32 rounds on duty. At least that's what my LEO friend told me. I never really thought about it before he mentioned it, seems excessive to me, but them streets of suburbia must be rougher than I know of lol.

-Robert

Tell that to the LAPD guys who had to deal with the bank robbers with AK's a few years back.

This isn't LA though... it's not even NE Portland. County cops aren't like Portland PD, who take notes from LAPD. If you're shooting at a guy wearing armor that your rounds don't even come close to penetrating, why not switch tactics instead of throwing all that lead away. Yeah, heat of the moment and such... but for that long, getting back to that IQ limit lol.

That is just for their side arms, probably a lot more for the AR in the front seat, and the shotguns in the trunk lol. Just humbling to think about it after years of not realizing... but I only get pulled over when they need more money from me.

-Robert