Police armed with camber gauges...

1425629_10154644910715534_32011649790351

I am not a fan of the "stance" "scene" at all (posers/attention douches)... nor am I a fan of most traffic police (revenuers), but this kind of policing scares me.  I've read the horror stories and happenings going on in Australia ('Straya!!) and I definitely do NOT want that to happen here.  But it is, in Ocean City, MD.

Take a look at this video: **WARNING: massive amounts of stupidity**

You can see the event and others like it attract a huge amount of people, unfortunately the amount of stupidity of attendees is also on the rise.  Thus the cops reaction... or over reaction in this case.  They are starting to ticket people for "intent to make noise".  Both parties are getting out of control.

-Robert

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, i dont care for the stanced crap or camber, but to get revenue just to get revenue , that shit pisses me off. There is no harm. Love to make my car squirt acid out the sides if a cop took the time to do this bullshit, instead of their REAL job. 

• Like 2

c837e03dfcf1df59fcff813ec0a426e7.jpg

10706971_297097917140908_1946610276_n.jp

Critically, cars arriving for the H2Oi are extremely prone to violations of the state’s vehicle code. While many modifications – such as extremely low suspensions – may be on-trend for show participants, they aren’t seen as admirably in the eyes of the law.

“One of the biggest things we are looking at again this year is excessive camber,” said OCPD Public Information Officer Lindsay O’Neal. “That is our biggest issue, again, because it is so unsafe and unfortunately very prevalent with this crowd.

“Camber” refers to the angle of a vehicle’s tires relative to a perfect vertical plane. Most cars, with their suspension at rest, have no perceptible camber angle. But installing shorter shock absorbers in a car not made for them will pivot the wheels up via the joints that connect them to the vehicle’s axle, creating what is known as “negative camber,” something which is plainly visible when traveling behind a car whose tires appear to be flared out at an extreme angle.

http://www.oceancity.com/ocean-city-today/annoying-but-profitable
  • Like 1

Camber is good.  Stance is stupid and dangerous.  I ran 2.5 degrees negative on the Miata when I had it and it was completely functional.  The people attracting this type of attention are the herrafrush stance crowd, who don't understand physics with their -10 degrees camber.  I hope they ticket the shit out of those retards.  (No offense to any retards)

• Like 2

[sarcasm]I'm just thankful that our nation is so peaceful & untroubled that our police have all this free time to take care of great threats to our freedom such as this.[/sarcasm]

(did I mention we had a terrori.....I mean "workplace violence" beheading about 45 minutes from my house this week?)

also, given the trigger happy nature of Johnny Law these days how long will it be before Officer Phuctard put six rounds of .40 S&W into some tuner kid who didn't crank his hoopty back up quick enough?

this is harassment, it's profiling, it's a waste of tax dollars - I hate idiocracy like this!

• Like 1

I am not a big fan of that type of thing either, but once all them folks have been taken care of and know their place, you may be next, someone might consider a 1971 Datsun 521 pickup a dangerous thing to other drivers because it doesn't meet the crash standards of today, and they need to be removed and crushed to keep everyone safe.

We all need to stand together, otherwise all will be lost eventually, as the future I see is that you either own a car less than 5 years old, or you just don't drive automobiles at all.

• Like 9

I remember once the CHP was pulling people over outside Sear Point Wednesday night drags and they were checking for engine numbers. If you didn't have any engine block serial number they would use some sort of infrared scanner to see if the numbers had been ground off. Looking for stolen parts.

I say let 'em. I paid my dues...and I learned. Maybe that's the only way these tools will get the picture.

• Like 1

I remember once the CHP was pulling people over outside Sear Point Wednesday night drags and they were checking for engine numbers. If you didn't have any engine block serial number they would use some sort of infrared scanner to see if the numbers had been ground off. Looking for stolen parts.

I say let 'em. I paid my dues...and I learned. Maybe that's the only way these tools will get the picture.

^^

But this said,What if they come after our mildly well done modification.

The boundaries they set,In time will compel only one thing.Prius