Opinions on B210 vintage race car

JohnHZ3

Hello everyone,
I came across this car (see attached pics) and am giving serious thought to purchasing it. I am fairly new to the Datsun world but have always wanted to buy a relatively inexpensive but good quality race car. Any thoughts or comments on the car would be greatly appreciated. What do you think would be a good price? The information on the car (supplied by the current owner) are as follows:

Car was originally owned by a Datsun/Nissan dealer who turned it into a race car when new, in 1976. The car is completely rust free and very straight without any signs of major damage ever. This car has 4 logbooks dating back to 1976 that are full of races including going to the SCCA runoffs! The paint looks fine at 10 ft away and is not perfect but nice for a race car. The engine was recently freshened up including rings, bearings, valve job and all new gaskets. It has less than 2 hours on the engine. Features include:

A series 1500cc Datsun engine (stroked A14), balanced and blueprinted
Dual 45 webbers with Datsun Comp manifold
Worth Cam
Cosworth Custom pistons & rods
Fly cut pistons for valve clearance
compression 13.5-1
8500 RPM Redline
Nissan Competition High Performance oval port aluminum head polished and ported

Lightened Flywheel
Tilton 2 disc clutch
4 speed direct drive transmission
Datsun Comp oil pan
Nissan Comp headers (wrapped)
stainless braided hoses
Oil cooler and relocated filter
Twin Mallory fuel pumps
Mallory electronic ignition
Aftermarket pedal box professionally mounted
New Tilton master cylinders
Nissan comp H-190 rear end with locked diff
Airheart front calipers with Porsche rotors (done in 1976)
240Z aluminum rear brake drums
Electramotive front cross member
Front struts rebuilt by Electramotive
Fiberglass hood and doors
2 sets of Libra wheels
Plastic rear windows
SCCA approved cage
1765 lbs. without driver
datsun1.jpg

datsun7.jpg

datsun4.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the seat belts up to date ?? Is the seat up to date and legal? Does the car require window netting?? Is it up to date?  Is the fire suppresion system in perfect working order?  All those things can easily cost another $1000. bucks if they are required to be a certain type and year of manufacture.

Does that type of racing require HANs device,, ,, cuz that shiz ain't cheap neither.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I looked at this car too. BUY IT! Or when my bonus comes in I will!

It will need to be gone through by a shop when purchased. Have someone (NOT YOU) do a nut and bolt check on the car and have it aligned, corner weighted and dyno'd. This is so you have a good idea of where the car is right now and what it may take to make it better. Sweet car, decent cage, SCCA teched, and it runs in GTL which is where ALL the bad asses like Joe Huffaker run, don't know who Joe is... google him. Baddest mini to ever hit a race track! 

The fire suppression system is up to date and all that will need to be changed is the extinguisher. You will want to buy your own seat and belts more than likely. HANZ is ALWAYS recommended! It is a MUST HAVE, if you are racing the car. 

This is a very nice car and one of only a few 210's that has been done proper for SCCA racing. I would grow that mustache if I bought this thing!

• Like 1