mhub91

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so here's the run down.....

I got the truck. Love it.

I traded straight for my '98 Mitsubishi Mirage. 

My mirage was VERY clean. extremely dependable and maintenance always done at my shop. 184k miles.

I traded for this '78 620. Steering components need work. e-brake is not hooked up. minor oil leaks. '

.........I got $400 in suspension / steering parts from rock auto in the deal. Soooo... ch'yeah!

The rust? Well..... believe it or not, only the bed was rusted out. So, previous owned fixed the seams of the bed with some angled steel and bondo and painted over it. to make it look like less-shit the made it two toned. I don't like it. but.. i get it.

I really like this truck. Using it as a daily. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow.....

Replacing valve cover gasket, tie rods, idler arm, steering arm, lower balljoints, upper balljoints, center link, fuel filter, and front shocks.

installing 720 4x4 leafs too.

today I put on some 15x8.5 Enkei EK26 w/ 195/65/15 Goodyears. Free tires..... Not my first choice for size.

only pic I have. was at work and trying to go home! might take more tomorrow.

9pRqWL3.jpg

• Like 5

Came with truck, brand new in box from Rock auto.

Literally got every single component, including centerlink.....

too bad the sent TWO right hand threaded centerlink tie rods... Delayed me from changing out everything until I order the left hand thread tie rod. Stupid internet.

Those clowns at O'Reillys can't seem to understand there is a left and right hand thread difference between the two... might have to settle for buying the whole centerlink w/ tie rods for $46..... Not sure yet.

Replaced valve cover gasket, fuel filter, front shocks (HUGE difference!), sparkplugs, cap, rotor, and adjusted valves this morning. next....... adjust timing and carb.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally adjusted timing and carb.

Idiot previous owner (the one who thought he was a mechanic... Not the kid I got it from, I hope you're reading this.. -.- ) had distributor at 2 degrees btdc, spec is 12! Not to mention idle was way too low and lean as a son of a gun!

Oh and to to that, valves were at .014 +/-

Thinking about building an L20 for this. Emission free, maybe side drafts and a cam.

I got a short block from a buddy for free, an bought a W58 peanut head for dirt cheap so we'll see where it goes. Rockauto says my left inner tie rod should be here on the 18th. Then, all brand new steering an suspension components and an alignment!

• Like 1