PNW Datsun 620 - Mhub's build. PIC HEAVY

mhub91

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I think it's time to update this seemingly lonely thread........

Day one.......

fqVWF2h.jpg

Picked the 620 up back in late September..... and fuck me. about two months later head gasket blew. When I removed the W58 and all stock stuff I found the block had a crack between cylinders two and three in their usual spots at the head bolt hole. I persuaded myself that it wasn't "that" bad and replaced the head gasket anyway.

While I was in there replacing the head gasket I decided to remove all emission, short of PCV (duh!).

At this point I still had the old Hitachi carb on. Running great, actually!

Pic of block after removing head and some other junk....

gwaSa6J.jpg

aNr2GwF.jpg

.....Oh, but shit. Fuck me. God dammit. Head gasket still leaked. :sneaky: No, before you ask I didn't check if the surfaces were true. Oh well. Shit happens. Lesson learned.

Luckily, though, my buddy Danny had a '78 KC that had a solid L20 in it that needed sealed up and a carb and hoses, etc replaced. I ended up getting a Weber 32/36 from RoboPineapple over on the A10 thread. Nice guy!

I got a Datsun 1600 valve cover too from a friend for a deal over here in Tacoma and painted it the super ricey paint those Honda boizzz love. Wrinkle black, my nig.

Removed all emissions, replaced hoses, new water pump, all gaskets (minus headgasket, lol), front and rear crank seals, resealed oil pan, and  weber 32/36 and put that humdinger on. Love it.

xZdVP7Z.jpg

But wait, there's more! Scored this for a benjamin from a nice guy down in CA. Haven't installed it yet due to laziness...

Jk3vN0h.jpg

I got some cheap-o American Racing AR26 for  .... $50 and rocked them for a while. They were ok, but rubbed pretty bad. I decided that the 15x8.5 with massive negative offset isnt really my style on a 620.

hEBjGjX.jpg?1

And then there was this........................................

jeOmurN.jpg?1

natzV1E.jpg

gD1P8rm.jpg

0Buf4Zx.jpg

I wrecked my god damn KA24DE swapped A10. 

Fuck.

After wrecking the A10, I traded off parts and haggled with my buddy to get some random shit, including these cool Keystone mesh wheels.

Absolutely love these. Love the way my truck is getting now.

Installed wheels, brand new tires (195/70/14), 4x4 leafs, new bushings and shocks.  :thumbup:

How it sits right now:

4bv5iD3.jpg

yVlBByJ.jpg

OxdTees.jpg

rE9D3aE.jpg

..and i just ordered these!

Uqq7XB9.jpg

I also restored a 1973 Z steering wheel i picked up for $25!!!!! Deals, yo!

P6Jip0b.jpg

0uz3UWq.jpg?1

Also, I freakin hate that damn two tone paint and I'm working on getting that crap OFF!

UkrAqml.jpg

You can say things got pretty serious.  :blush:

• Like 4

Mmmm..... bucket seats.

Can anyone identify these? I got them from a guy named Steve over in Bremerton area. He thinks they were Mitsubishi seats. To me, though, they look to be 1994ish Toyota Camry seats.

Identified as 2000 Civic EX buckets

tgZQTFY.jpg

Regardless of what they are that they came out of a shitty rice burner, they're going in. Modifying 2 sets of brackets from bench seats and welding them to these so they're still fully adjustable.

Pics to come of modifications.

• Like 1

I love the stance of your truck, the back end sits nice !

Thanks, I'm really liking it too! The rear end is only 4x4 leafs and 3" blocks. Since the tires at 195/70 it give it the illusion of being lower since a good amount of tire is tucked under the bed! I like it!

I hated how it had that raked look previously. It sits pretty level now, though.

Truck is starting to look real good. I use to rock some of those wheels back in the late 80's. What color are you going with?

Love these wheels. I had to grind some metal off the hub to make them fit. They're nearly identical to Appliance meshe, but the center bore is smaller.

Color of what? The truck? I'd like to remove all this spray paint and get it back to original. I'd rather have enormous rust holes that a shitty rattle can paint job.

Looks so much better without the black paint. 

I couldn't agree more.... Too bad the bed isn't spray paint, but bed liner. The cab was easily removed with thinner and a rag, but the bed liner has proved much more difficult.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ended up scoring the single cam for a deal. Included a 100% complete engine, harness and ECU for a very good deal. All accessories too. PS pump, AC compressor with all lines, receiver drier, condenser and even the fan clutch. Not bad.

• Like 1

Now that you got that new motor.....and if that Offy dual port manifold needs a new home..... :hyper:

Just askin....

I'm between a rock and a hard spot. I don't really want to sell any parts... but I'll keep it in mind.

• Like 2

Don't mean it in a rude or snarky way, but it's for personal reasons lol. I've let go so many of my valuable and hard-to-find parts and regretted it everytime. I'm turning out to be one of those people who hoard Datsun parts.

• Like 5

Decided to work on disassembling the KA this weekend and see what I'm getting into. The dude I bought it from said "it started making noise" .... So we'll see....

• Like 1

In stead of striping the bedliner why not paint it to match the rest of the box, guys do there entire 4x4 up here the roads get salted and the cops are pulling old rides with minimal rust of the road left and right.

O ya and I did buy that 2 door a10 going to get it early June. Its ONLY going to be a 2500km round tripLOL

• Like 2