New Member Datsun 210 hatch! Wrecked!

andrew6.688

Hi there, Been lurking for a hot minute, and last week I picked up a terrible project car, a totally ratsun 79 210 hatchback. Took me all of six days to end up blowing a rotted tire and then crashing into a curb at about 35 mph. Lower control arm on the drivers side is bent really well, and I have yet to actually investigate the extent of the damage. I'm down in Atlanta Georgia, and looking for advise and parts to get my project back on track.

Anyone have, know where to get, or know what will swap onto my cars K member? Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A10/later model 510 stuff will fit if you can't find a 210.

Contact colourbox on here.

She has been finding lots of 210s out in her area.

Yeah, she's in Cali tho, anything big or heavy would cost some $$$ to ship. Welcome to the club bud and sorry to hear bout your misfortune but you've come to the right place! First off pics would a BIG help! It helps us see something you may not (that and keeps the pic trolls away!) Second, figure out everything you busted and will need. Right off the bat I can tell you the control arms shouldn't be that hard to find. Also, this is a GREAT excuse to upgrade to 280zx struts!

Yeah I wil be sure to get the car up in the air and get pictures soon. Just started a new job at the local O'reilly parts store, and I'm in school monday and wednesday, so I've been a little busy. I don't have the car at my house, its parked at a friends otherwise I would have pictures and a better grasp on the damage. 

On a side note, the car was idleing very rough with the brakes applied, i'm assuming its a leak in the brake booster. 

The under side is very crusty, but its hard to tell if its rust or an old undercoating or even mud. Tomorrow after work i'll have to get working on it. It seemed like just one control arm, and most likely the idler arm(s) and or steering linkage. Sorry if i seem a bit newbish, old school imports are new to me! Been working on 4th gen GM f body cars (camaro & firebirds) for about 3 years, but just got a bumpy start with imports. 

• 2 weeks later...

You can also look on car-part.com and see if a search for a part you're after turns up. If the part you need exists it'll give you a list of yards that have it. You might get lucky and one will turn up in your neck of the woods or at least close enough where shipping won't kill you. I've used this site in the past.