"Lucy" 71 Datsun 510 wagon

Stewiefied

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So turns out that the flaring kit I use for my brakes sucked monkey D...  leaked from every fitting I made, well almost every fitting... It wasn't the first time I've done fittings and had no issues before but this flaring kit was a nightmare... nothing sealed up, very annoying for amount of time I spent making them and fitting them to how I wanted... I ended up ordering brake hose kit from Chase Bay, not cheap but hopefully I can hide all the lines as I did before with everything being pre-made... I'm currently using their clutch line and it's a very nice piece... Fingers crossed that it comes in time before Wekfest Chicago

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful man. My goon is the same color and when i first got it, I found your JDM Chicago shots and was inspired! I was wondering about your flares for a long time and saw you explained it here. Any shots of the process?

Always heard it called Robin's Egg Blue, but I doubt that's a legit name either...   :rofl:

Same color (I think) as my old 4dr and wanting to paint my new 4dr that color also. Don't recall the number/name any more...   ^_^

Looks pretty close to the color of my wagon which the PO painted the stock color he said.

IMG_1571.jpg

• Like 1

yea there's like 5 different blues... I've seen some paint charts for 71 and it's always seems to be missing this blue and couple other shades... idk....

567??? I think that's the paint code "nissan blue"

http://images.tcpglobal.com/chips/1972-Datsun-pg02.jpg

Same story with red. Look at the 70 paint chart, as that was likely the production date. Seems like this shouldn't be the case, but it is
  • 4 weeks later...

little update... Took best Nostalgic award at Wekfest Chicago 2016.. you can say  I was shocked!!.. Was awesome!  Great show, So many beautiful oldschool cars....

26687916626_1797baabeb_b.jpgFB_IMG_1461942049016 by luis veguilla, on Flickr

26714258705_ae4c6bdf9d_h.jpg0418162229_HDR by luis veguilla, on Flickr

26648238291_9ac899517b_h.jpg13071773_1256585134412998_3876792087195161418_o by luis veguilla, on Flickr

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...