620 C / 620 crewcab

denmarkboy

Here we go !

1978 620 crewcab datsun , or 620 C .

build parts list : 1979 620 kc cab frame , 1974 620 standard cab , 1977 620 standard cab, 1973 620 standard cab , 1975 datsun 2.8 liter 6 cyl ,5 spd , 3 complete 240/260 z interiors ,

pictures or it didn't happen !

my summary of the build , i am trying to build a sport crewcab that would of been built in the 70's by datsun . so a 620 4 door , 2.8 L , 5 spd , all 240/260 interior , dash , seats , console , armrests = 620 C1206mt-03mini-truckin-lyfestyle-june-201IMAG3038_zpsgqrmawu2.jpgIMAG3039_zpsb6o8deso.jpgIMAG3040_zps1xzcx39o.jpgIMAG3041_zpsbcxpnzsa.jpgIMAG3042_zpsexoonaqs.jpgIMAG3043_zpscqgdnawu.jpgIMAG3044_zpshgn7ned8.jpgIMAG3045_zpsn6thlq0q.jpgIMAG3046_zpsdmqaubsu.jpgIMAG3047_zpsjn8exag1.jpgIMAG3048_zps8mzluz6r.jpgIMAG3049_zpszrzlcfrw.jpg

WAY MORE TO COME ! ! ! !

• Like 3
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be interesting, and a lot of work.

I am a little worried that there is not going to be any more room in the back than a 720 kingcab if the first photo in this thread is exactly what your going for.

I will be following this.  :thumbup:

thanks wayne , that is the plan but i do have a couple ideas on what to do about that . im thinking about doing something like i did with the " Lil Hooker " , so taking the cab into the bed , if i do that i will have to use another kc top .

That will mean that the cab and box will be connected, your drawing shows a line separating them and the rocker was a different level, so I assumed they were separate.

This kind of stuff is a learn as you go thing, all my 520/521 kingcabs were made like the 720 kingcab, 14 inches behind the seats and were planned this way, I have yet to make a crew cab, I keep finding other things/projects that get my attention, but I plan to someday make a crew cab 521.

Have you seen Steroids 4 door 620?

thanks wayne , that is the plan but i do have a couple ideas on what to do about that . im thinking about doing something like i did with the " Lil Hooker " , so taking the cab into the bed , if i do that i will have to use another kc top .

Here is a thread with a few 4 door 620s, to bad they don't have interior photos, although you likely have a plan already anyway.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://community.ratsun.net/topic/38750-datsun-620-4-door-trucks/&sa=U&ei=yvggVJHSMM-ayASH6YBA&ved=0CAgQFjAB&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNG40pC3hu0tMdidnG6MQtczGXzXiQ

• Like 1

That will mean that the cab and box will be connected, your drawing shows a line separating them and the rocker was a different level, so I assumed they were separate.

This kind of stuff is a learn as you go thing, all my 520/521 kingcabs were made like the 720 kingcab, 14 inches behind the seats and were planned this way, I have yet to make a crew cab, I keep finding other things/projects that get my attention, but I plan to someday make a crew cab 521.

yes i have seen his truck a bunch , it is play it by ear , and let the project guide itself . and the drawing is a close idea that i will come very close to .

Here is a thread with a few 4 door 620s, to bad they don't have interior photos, although you likely have a plan already anyway.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://community.ratsun.net/topic/38750-datsun-620-4-door-trucks/&sa=U&ei=yvggVJHSMM-ayASH6YBA&ved=0CAgQFjAB&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNG40pC3hu0tMdidnG6MQtczGXzXiQ

thanks for the links wayno , yeah i would love to see what they did with the inside to , A question i have is , did they use a kc frame ? whats the wheelbase of the 4 door ?

620_dcs_zpsrrrtxajx.jpg

thanks for the links wayno , yeah i would love to see what they did with the inside to , A question i have is , did they use a kc frame ? whats the wheelbase of the 4 door ?

620_dcs_zpsrrrtxajx.jpg

Seems like it's a kingcab shortbed chassis with the front section of the original bed sectioned out to make way for the crew extension.  It is very similar, if not the exact same, to what most manufacturers do now in their current production crewcabs.

2007_nissan_frontier_crew_cab_05.jpg

2006-toyota-tacoma-crew-cab-sr5-trd-spor

It seems like a very overwhelming project to take on but I really hope you finish as it would be very cool to see your stylized version in real life.

Seems like it's a kingcab shortbed chassis with the front section of the original bed sectioned out to make way for the crew extension.  It is very similar, if not the exact same, to what most manufacturers do now in their current production crewcabs.

2007_nissan_frontier_crew_cab_05.jpg

2006-toyota-tacoma-crew-cab-sr5-trd-spor

It seems like a very overwhelming project to take on but I really hope you finish as it would be very cool to see your stylized version in real life.

It is a lot of work , but worth it . I plan stretching the frame a little . I don't want the chopped off bed look .

Yes, I've seen what your looking for and at the time just ignored this.  Granted 30 years ago in New Mexico I saw one for sale and really didin't think much of it except that it was cool.  KC frame exactly and modify the rest.  good thread give me ideas and good luck.

• Like 1