Shipping parts from USA to Australia

DanielC

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

USPS sounds good.  So, I am thinking I should clean the remaining oil out of the pan so it is not oozing oil all over the place?

USPS is definitely the least expensive but you also don't get tracking once the package leaves the US, which may or may not be a big deal. I don't like shipping without tracking, but it's a trade-off. Maximum size going to Australia is 108" measuring girth + maximum length. I'd think you'd be fine with an oil pan and the other parts but just keep that max in mind when you're boxing everything.

With regards to the oil, I'd clean and dry it as much as you can and then put it in a bag as suggested - if you ship it and the box gets stained/wet from the oil there is a chance, however small, that they may not deliver it.

• Like 1

With regards to the oil, I'd clean and dry it as much as you can and then put it in a bag as suggested - if you ship it and the box gets stained/wet from the oil there is a chance, however small, that they may not deliver it.

Very likely they won't send it back either

I lost my ass on a few parts to Australia once.

USPS First Class is the least expensive and takes 6-15 days and offers no tracking outside North America.

USPS Priority is great if within the weight and size of the provided boxes. It does offer tracking for a little extra. But prices are posted on USPS website.

I did UPS once. but I think the USPS would be OK.

I sent to Norway,Findland and new Zealand. Customs was the killer!!!!!!!!!!!!long wait time they want to Tax the man picking it up.

All the stuff I sent was FREE as it was spare parts. But send something in return.

The Norway one was a Norwegen Hunting knife

To New Zealand was a maori fishhook necklace

if lost no loss

key to price is slow boat to China or Airmail

I have shipped small packages to Canada,Australia, and Norway in the last year, all went USPS first class, priority flat rate was $80.00 while first class was $30.00 dollars on the recent one to Australia, so far it has been small stuff, the only thing that I had to do was fill out the customs paperwork which was easy.

Make the box as small and light as possible, and clean it to where you can eat on it, they got sensors that you do not want to trigger.

Get your money for the part and shipping first, I am curious on who your shipping to, a member here, PM me, maybe I have shipped to them in the past.

USPS International First Class Mail has a weight limit of 4 lbs. and box dimensions are small as well.

USPS Priority Inetrnational does not require you to use flat rate boxes and as for lack of tracking overseas...Australia is not a 3rd World Country.

I have shipped hundreds of items to OZ both via First Class Mail, Priority, even the oddball FEDEX International shipment (big bux that's for sure!) and never lost one.