78 620, door not closing/locking properly.

puffm

My doors don't fit correctly, need to adjust the hinges slightly, but the door locking mechanism does not work properly, I have no idea what is wrong with it as the right side works fine, everything appears to be a mirror image of the right side but yea.

Any help would be appreciated, here is the video of the door not working: 

Thanks heaps!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on your video and what I see when looking at the lines on the cab body and door, the door looks good on the alignment. A few years ago I had an issue where the door seemed to be out of adjustment and would not fully engage the ear to close the door...after trying to adjust the ear in/out up/down, I still had the issue. So I replaced the door lock assembly and it closed fine. You not being able to push the door lock down after engagement of the latch, it would seem likely that your issue is a worn out or binding latch. Check and see the condition of the return spring(s) on the mechanism. Good luck.

Try adjusting the plastic nut on the linkage that pushes down when you lift up the outside door handle.

Had the same issue with mine at one stage

Yea I adjusted that however the door wont lock when it is shut, it will however lock after clicking the mechanism twice :/