'71 Datsun 510 2-Door

I finally got started on the body restoration.  Cut out the rust and began repairing panels.  This car was built by Toy Ermish 9-10 years ago for another Father / Son project that never happened.  The car sat for 7 years before I acquired it.  L16, Z 5-speed, wildwood disc brakes, Z drums on the rear.  Mechanically good, the body was sound and just needed cleaning up.

The plan:  Windows out, Bright Red Paint with Ghost Flames on doors. . . . new body seals from Datsunland Socal

510Image00005.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is done.  Glad to see someone is monitoring. 

As for the work Troy did, I only have the prior owner Shawn's word.  Shawn bought as a Father/Son project from Troy.  Troy put in a rebuilt L-16. Shawn did not want his son to have lots of power so it was rebuilt stock with the Weber DGV carb.  Z-5-speed.  Camber plates, sway bars front and rear, battery re-located to trunk, roll bar and harnesses.  P205/15 tires

Shawn lives in Carson, NV and trailered the car home.  When I bought it he trailered it to me, which was a good thing because the alternator had failed.  The car was virtually never used and just sat at Shawn's for most of 7 years.

The temp would spike, so I changed out the thermostat and then the radiator before determining it was the missing bypass hose causing the problem LOL.  Added a bypass hose and no more problems.

Yes, it is done.  Glad to see someone is monitoring. 

As for the work Troy did, I only have the prior owner Shawn's word.  Shawn bought as a Father/Son project from Troy.  Troy put in a rebuilt L-16. Shawn did not want his son to have lots of power so it was rebuilt stock with the Weber DGV carb.  Z-5-speed.  Camber plates, sway bars front and rear, battery re-located to trunk, roll bar and harnesses.  P205/15 tires

Shawn lives in Carson, NV and trailered the car home.  When I bought it he trailered it to me, which was a good thing because the alternator had failed.  The car was virtually never used and just sat at Shawn's for most of 7 years.

The temp would spike, so I changed out the thermostat and then the radiator before determining it was the missing bypass hose causing the problem LOL.  Added a bypass hose and no more problems.

I'm confused - your first post says you're starting work but here you say it's already done and done by Troy? Seems like maybe you were going to try and take credit for work done by someone else and got caught but maybe I'm wrong...

• Like 2

I actually started the refurbishing build months ago and just decided to start a thread. I will get some more photos loaded of the progress. Troy set up the car before the prior owner purchased 9 years ago.  I am not looking for credit for Troy's work :thumbup:.