1994 B13 Sentra XE Coupe *Reptar

I bought my first "modern" car yesterday :thumbup: . A 1994 Nissan Sentra XE Coupe. I got the price I wanted and drove it home on all 3 cylinders. It is the first vehicle I have owned that is FWD, injected, and has enough room for me to stretch my legs.

It has a G16DE engine and a 5 speed trans  4 speed trans that used to have 5 gears. It's not just falling out of 5th, it's not there at all any more. Not really a big deal though but I'll try to fix it if I keep the car long enough. I'm the third owner, I think. It has 180k miles. 40k miles are from the previous owner who admitted to not taking as good of care of it as the original owner. I have a nice stack of receipts though showing it was well maintained for a long time. 

Scroll down for OICS!

The Bad:

Missing on #3. More details on that ahead.

No 5th gear.

Ding in passenger fender

Hit something on drivers door. Missing the trim piece and has some scratches and dings.
Brake light switch stuck on. Figured it out after some serious contortion.

Headliner hanging

Dash lights out. Specifically the gauge cluster back light

Missing a hubcap    

The Good:

Runs, drives, and stops very well. I'm sure it will run even better on all 4 cylinders  :D 

No rust

Exterior needs little work

Interior is an 8/10 and I like the brown! 

Has brand new tires

A/C works. Never had that before

It's a coupe, and my head doesn't hit the ceiling. 

Plans:

Well it can go two ways. I fix it up and daily drive it. Or I fix it up and make a quick flip so I can keep upgrading. I'll probably fix up both the B13 and B210 and put them out in the yard with the same price and see which one sells first and drive the other  :pirate:

Fix the obvious mechanical stuffs

Rub out the dent in fender. 

Replace drivers door. It's a common color and it would be easier than body work plus replacing the trim piece.

Rustoleum paint job. I know I can do a decent job with a foam roller and some wet sanding. Color will be a sort of gold green metallic. Or just gold with metal flake. 

Front and rear spoilers.

Splash guards on front and rear.

Lowered 2 inches. The springs are available and cheap. 

A new set of hubcaps or some cheap wheels.

Custom headliner.

Some LED lighting 

Upgrade the stereo and speakers. Maybe a small sub in the trunk. 

Maybe some more ricer shit

Drive it

Pictures suck but will get some decent ones. Been camera shopping all summer. Here it is folks!

IM1vDW.jpg

fH3cUB.jpg

DWv6Qu.jpg

7CEbdZ.jpg

xZd5Ur.jpg

MbeeHl.jpg

7CEbdZ.jpg

JBpbVQ.jpg

i7PthF.jpg

YsTPYN.jpg

umcFuz.jpguXUfAW.jpg

ejrtBt.jpg

kwAVZr.jpg

IvzjbG.jpg

89DuZ0.jpg

hcS1cC.jpg

93x1a9.jpg

ivaEvB.jpg

Excessive organic material

uKKNXV.jpg

d8jCdH.jpgnOk4Ne.jpg

First thing I did when I got it home was go through the plug wires to find the missing cylinder. #3 from the right hand side is the culprit. 

Pulled the spark plugs one by one, cleaned them, and reinstalled with anti sieze. Used Blaster to break them loose. They do need replacing. 

Her'es that #3

W1F9wC.jpg

49DZoQ.jpg

I was afraid there was a piece of metal jammed in there. It turned out to be some serious charcoal. piston was clean and dry. Didn't smell any gas. Hoping it simply needs an injector. 

Turns out the brake peddle rubber stoppers had disintegrated.

They look like this-

205620_Best_Img_3115_2.jpg

Left side is cruise control brake switch

Right side is brake light switch

I currently have a brass nut zip tied through the hole.

Apparently this is a very common issue. I'll pick up the stopper from a Nissan dealer when I get a chance. 

For reference reasons- Nissan part # 46584-S0100

There are several part # variants for different cars but they seem  interchangeable. Apparently the Honda ones are the same also and are easier to find and cheaper online.

Going out in a bit to check injector resistance with volt meter. Already sourced a good deal on Ebay

I'll keep this updated! 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so I swapped the injector a couple hours ago. I did it the hard way which still only took about 20 minutes. Still running on 3 cylinders! 

I can hear the new injector clicking (using a screwdriver handle against my ear). Voltmeter reads the same at all the injector plugs and same ohms on the injectors.

I've swapped wires, plugs, and inspecting cap etc. Has a good hot spark. 

I'm at a loss here. There's no sign of a stuck/burnt valve. No signs of head gasket or piston failure. 

Only thing I haven't done yet is a compression test.

This sucks

So I just got back from a test drive. 

I went out after the last post, in despair coated frustration, and pulled all my plugs and inspected them for differences and put them back in. Making sure to swap #2 with a different one. 

I tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over! From experience I reached around the floorboard and found a dried up chunk of rubber. The third and final rubber stopper. So I reached behind the clutch pedal and pressed the switch, fired it up and... it's running on all four quite well! Pulled the plug wires one by one just to make sure. Then went through them again to double check. Hopped in and took it up the road and back. 

It really is a great driving car even though I don't like (haven't gotten used to) the feel of front wheel drive. 

Couldn't imagine having an SR20VE b13. Those fuckers must really fly!

Anyways... that's just

t how shit goes for me some times...

Next on the list..

Drivers seat belt has trouble retracting and does not catch! That will need fixing asap.

Pull the trim to remove headliner and replace the cloth.

Hunt down driver door trim and the trim piece for around the seatbelt in the door

Fix the dash lights

upgrade the factory speakers

shampoo everything