Sr20det S13 canbox wiring help

onekickkawi

Hey all,

I have red and searched but I am just not getting this right so I hope someone can help shed some light. I cannot get the car to fire as it is currently wired, also the fuel pump relay never clicks on as it is set up. If I keep the current setup but run the fuel pump wire to + on the battery bypassing the box I still get nothing. I also Removed the IACV from under the intake since I hear it is not needed (so I don't have the IACV y/b wire). I am just in test mode trying to get this to run so I can move on to cleaning up the engine bay. Take a look at the pics that I labeled and let me know if you see something I am missing. I also posed pics of both side of the ECU in case I was using the wrong Diagram but I don't think I am.

box1.jpg

ecutop.jpg

ecubottom.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so after doing some more testing I found out a few things. the fuel isnt going on because the Black/Pink is 12+ it is my understanding that the wire will go high or low depending on if it wants the fuel pump on or off. Second I pulled 2 coils and put a plug in them and go no spark on both. Look at the ECU I noticed some dents in the cover. When I took the cover off I notice there was an imprint of some pins from the circuit board on the inside of the cover. It got hit harder then I thought. With everything not working my current conclusion is the ECU is bad. I ordered a new one and will report back when I get that installed.

• 1 month later...

Hey All,

I just wanted to follow up to this message and say that the problem was due to a bad ecu. I had time to attach the new ecu and the fuel pump primes like it should and then shuts off until it is in run. The car will fire up for a second now and then die. I haven't had time to play with it any more but this could be due to high fuel pressure. its at 70psi, I am going to try and turn it down to 40 tonight and see what happens.