msd 6al box

PinoyDat210

Does anybody know how to connect the magnetic pickup to a datsun a14 with an hitachi d4k distributor? Do I use it at all? Theirs a white wire for points type distributor but isn't the matchbox a magnetic pickup? Is it possibly to splice the black box two pin connector into the msd magnetic pickup connector?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be prepared for.... no difference. Also be objective as there will be a placebo effect. You expect spending hundreds of dollars on something to make it better you will find a way to think it does. Switch back and forth and see. Rev limiter? we don't neeeed no steeenking rev limiter!

• Like 1

Well the thing is I have it why not use it, I will be getting zx struts and brake swap and rims, but I have this might as well use it.. the rev limiter is necessary though and I've always wanted to run this msd setup, plus it will make sense when the build comes full circle just baby steps for now. so the red and green wires which color wire is the main igniter line? Could I just splice into the original twin wire connector plug that plugs into the matchbox or will I have to bypass and splice directly into the red n green wires on the inside?

how do you mean jumper splice?. What I was thinking was their is two wires that plug into the black two pin connector that connectt to the black matchbox, Which is then connected to the red and green internal igniter wires, so can't I just add the two msd wires into the place of the the two original wires that connect the black plug? So in turn I'm wiring it direct in place of the stock design? Does that make sense?

why all the Dis on MSD ? i Have Ran a MSD 6AL on my 620 truck now since 1997... with no issues , it makes a 100% difference in the way the engine performs , revs, and goes ... I love my MSD system.. PinyoDat210 why not just Call MSD and talk to them , its a free call .. My system runs on a single point distrib 

• Like 2

why all the Dis on MSD ?

I open one up and the solder joints where the crappiest I have ever seen.

Gave it to a friend to try out. ran good for 15mins and broke.

I had got this FREE and was just like Pinoy ,I had it why not use it. But let somebody else try it out..First

They go to 1 spark after 3 k anyways. so if you got to go thru emissions I guess they work good at idleing.

to me it more clutter under the hood that dont need to be there. I guess it looks cool when I was young.

Just some cheap capicitors set up to fire off in series

why all the Dis on MSD ? i Have Ran a MSD 6AL on my 620 truck now since 1997... with no issues , it makes a 100% difference in the way the engine performs , revs, and goes ... I love my MSD system.. PinyoDat210 why not just Call MSD and talk to them , its a free call .. My system runs on a single point distrib

Of course it does because it replaces a problematic points system in your 620. A later matchbox, put in your truck would do the same thing.

LOL , well when they go bad you send them back to MSD and they fix them for like 65.00 , so you could have had it repaired for cheap, considering there $250.00 New

Or just run the stock breakerless EI ignition you have and save your time and money.