the ratsun car

jimmy billy

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the issues with the search function it works for me all the time. You can use it to search the domain through google, directly search the forum, specific forums and even threads. :confused:

Do a regular (Google, using the search control on every page) for 'idx' and note that it returns 72 results. Do the same search from the advanced search page and you get no results.

Odd that you have to use a wildcard in one place but not the other. Different search engines I know, but still...

In any event, it does explain, at least in part, some of the 'I tried searching and couldn't find anything' type threads. Perhaps another hint would be helpful when someone is on the advanced search page.

Search_zps5c71fb60.png

It used to be worse than useless, but is, (I think) getting even better with age. It has about 7 years of ratsun stuff to sift through.

I also started modifying post titles to help it. Simply typing HELP as a title does everyone a disservice. HELP means everyone has to open the post only to find out it's a question on Roadsters or a 2002 Sentra. Or just something truly stupid. A sensible title allows the search function to do it's job and find and display the question on the Roadster and Sentra to someone who really needs it.

2eDeYe" post="1144853" timestamp="1411143112"]

idxforum2.jpg

The best way to search on Ratsun: is to go to General Discussion, or the 510 section, or Events, etc. ... then use the search box (in the upper right) once you're in the sub forum you want to look in.

.... then click the search in: "This Forum" box, instead of "Google" ..... you will get much better search results

• Like 1

Wow theirs alot of different ways to do it. Im sure in time i will get it. Sometimes it does work. But i usualy try google and if that dont work ill go to the forum search and if it doesnt work after wording it a few different ways thats when i start a thread to try geting help. Its not like im a total dumb ass lol i do try to find it first.