the Moar Lowar 280z (oics for days)

EndStar

i have a build thread but thought i would give an update for you z only guys :cool:

i have a '78. it has an AZC intake with a GM 4 barrel. i have SU round tops im cleaning up for it. i have a sett of Rewinds too. i need to fix some electrical and get a few parts to make it street legal haha  :thumbup:

Snapchat-20140719120613_zpsvkdfx3cv.jpg

0635c3ae-e4e7-4b51-8f6a-8f3ebaf4668b_zps

20140827_173639_zpshmj6irwb.jpg

20140827_174053_HDR_zpsrejbgq2s.jpg

and yes, water bottles perfectly thread there! :rofl:

1409175152102_zpslhvqesyw.jpg

so much to do  :frantics:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GM Quadrajet? Maybe a smaller Holly? Wasn't there a 390cfm  4bbl made?

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/carburetors/classic_holley/parts/0-8007

Smaller is better than larger or too larger. An L28 needs only 296 CFM at 6k.

I'm a college kid, I can't afford that! Hell, I don't know how I can afford owning a Datsun that sits back at my house...

im always open to ideas, because im still not sure exactly where i wanted to take this project. not sure if i wanted to leave it as is, or paint, what i should do on the interior. But it sucks getting parts here in MI cause everything is more expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

Hook up that block vent to the PCV valve. Yoru engine will run cleaner longer and extend the oil life.

I'm pretty sure I have the hose that goes from that to the air box, that's what I plan to do. I know I'm missing a couple parts and gotta leanlrn how to properly hook up everything.but its fun time!

I'm pretty sure I have the hose that goes from that to the air box, that's what I plan to do. I know I'm missing a couple parts and gotta leanlrn how to properly hook up everything.but its fun time!

The block vent doesn't go to the air box, it goes to the PCV valve in the center of the intake. The valve cover vent goes to the air box.

The block vent doesn't go to the air box, it goes to the PCV valve in the center of the intake. The valve cover vent goes to the air box.

Oh, I got you now, I'll have to remember that when I get them on. I just had them mixed up. Long day at school. Does it work on oil that's 2 years old and has about 10 miles on it? Haha...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so i have done some work, mostly stockpile a shit ton of parts! 

i have new struts, custom GC coilover sleeves coming in.

350 front

250 rear

and 8" springs instead of the 10"

cant wait to get them in and get suspension done, get her running, and electrical work done. cant wait to see how low she can squat :P