1979 210 blinkers not working? & a couple other issues..

damagedduck

Still working on the 1979 210 wagon, And the blinkers do not work {flashers work} swap flasher unit still nothing? The previous owner broke the ignition key off in the switch :blush: & bypassed the whole ignition

switch in the column with a toggle switch :confused:  he should have just pulled the column & pushed the broke part out ~ But NO - He had to jack the whole bloody thing up by poking & prodding!!!!  :poop:

And there is a connection hanging down in the left side by the fuse panel ( yes I checked fuses & did a engine search for flasher problems ~here & elsewhere  :blush: ) I also down loaded all the free manuals on another site & read through them & no help! And why does the lever for the headlamps not return to home if bumped- I have to manually pull it back by hand {if not the high beams stay on?}

I need to get this thing figured out before I can even do the inspection for the state...... SO any ideas?

wiring5_zps52daa335.jpg

wiring2_zps1a829015.jpg

wiring3_zps4f513f2c.jpg

wiring2_zps1a829015.jpg

wiring4_zpsc73372e8.jpg

wiring1_zps86a501fa.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ignition switch does more than turn the power on to the coil so the engine will run. It also powers half of the fuses and turns off the wipers, heater, radio, and turn signals when you leave the car. I would suggest replacing the ignition switch and get it back to stock.

Some high beams are toggled on and off by pulling on the head light lever and releasing it. Others pull towards you for highs and push away for lows. This might be normal for a 210.

• Like 1

After crawling my fat frame under the dash, The P/ower did a fairly good job of wiring it to the toggle switch, I pulled the wiring down & installed the factory switch base & turned it with a screw driver & wahla blinkers! I put the toggle back on & I still have blinkers! :sweat:

Thanks for all the help!

Now I have to find a ignition switch & housing :thumbup:  any ideas on what will interchange with it? There's no 210's in our local bone yard- there's a couple Z's :confused: