oceanbeach510

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L18, and i think they are rear sump?

you need a l16 pan

Trucks tend to be rear sump so the front can be higher to clear the steering cross rod and the cross member support between the strut ends at the LCAs. Cars have steering linkages more to the rear of the engine and the pan is shallowest there with the deepest part of the sump more to the middle/front. In either case, the oil pick up tube must also be changed.

A car L18 such as a 610 or 710 does not automatically mean it will work on an earlier L16 510, but would be closer than a truck one for sure.

Oh also hainz im redoing my timing chain next weekend and i just wanted to thank you for your videos you posted on youtube they where great.           

don't thank unless you get it right .

Key is if you have the Jap parts with all the marks.

Most timming sets now are Mellingor cloyes cam sprockets and there the 3 hole type where you cant see the marks. But still will work.

Mos times the old chain/even sproket is fine mostly the  slack side guide and tensionor are worn out.

really if you don't need to do it don't unless your really confident in doing this and taking your time