Water coming out of cabin fan housing?

JoeR

I was driving yesterday and noticed that there was some water leaking out of the cabin fan housing. I was running my A/C and the water was cold. I drove this morning as well and was not running A/C and water still leaked. Not sure if its something to do with the heater core or maybe the A/C drip line is clogged?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

After more poking around, I realized the A/C unit between the blower motor and heater core is filled with water. I don't think its drainging properly.  I checked the core and it was fine, no leaks. It was replaced before I bough the truck, anyway. Does anyone have pictures/advice on removing the A/C box so I can re-connect the drip line?

You might be able to squeeze it on there without removing the a/c box cause it's a little pain in the ass. lol

I was able to squeeze it back on cause I removed it to re pad my flooring.

If I remember it requires removing the dash cause there's a bracket behind the dash that holds the a/c box.

hmm, Could be a heater core. I know a guy who changed his cause it was leaking like your saying.

My money is on the heater core. I would replace it though. Last thing you want is to drive home at night with no defogger. 

Heater core leak won't come out of the fan housing. This is the placement of the 720 heater/air conditioning...

Heater.... air con..... fan

OR non air con...

Heater.... d  u  c  t... fan