What's the fastest you've ever gone in a 510?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's where I want to go and have it to where I can switch between e85 and regular pump gas just how my buddy has on his evo...

The only drawback in switching between two maps is you have to empty the tank every time. If you add an O2 and flex fuel sensor to your ECU's monitoring system you can program it to adjust the map on a continuum according to the actual fuel blend % of ethanol. 

Check out this thread in the Link Engine Management website.

http://www.linkecu.com/forums/G4Forum/961393770

• Like 1

The only drawback in switching between two maps is you have to empty the tank every time. If you add an O2 and flex fuel sensor to your ECU's monitoring system you can program it to adjust the map on a continuum according to the actual fuel blend % of ethanol. 

Check out this thread in the Link Engine Management website.

http://www.linkecu.com/forums/G4Forum/961393770

That's exactly what  I was informed by my buddy but we haev a station near by that has e85, def going to read on this  :thumbup:

135, and now 140mph hmmm! Those are some serious in a 510 numbers that to me need verification with gps and a picture are needed. I mean a 510 isn't exactly aerodynamic and more like pushing a Billboard through the air. I'm not saying you didn't, I'm just having a hard time swallowing the cool aid. I've done 118 in my 510 with a S14 SR20DE with 180hp and it had more but I don't think it had 130-140mph more. I have a lot of suspension mods and it was pretty damn smooth at speed even with halfshafts but then it isn't slammed to the ground.

Just Saying..

Op should change the title to " what's the fastest you've ever gone in your Datsun"...

I know what a 510 will do. Limited experience in other Datsuns.

Post up whatever you want. If you have a Kenworth truck speed story, I would love to hear that too.

135, and now 140mph hmmm! Those are some serious in a 510 numbers that to me need verification with gps and a picture are needed. I mean a 510 isn't exactly aerodynamic and more like pushing a Billboard through the air. I'm not saying you didn't, I'm just having a hard time swallowing the cool aid. I've done 118 in my 510 with a S14 SR20DE with 180hp and it had more but I don't think it had 130-140mph more. I have a lot of suspension mods and it was pretty damn smooth at speed even with halfshafts but then it isn't slammed to the ground.

Just Saying..

I agree. Even with a 250 hp race motor and a 1800 lb car on the race track, it's hard to break the 130 MPH barrier. I know a lot of these guys may have more HP because of their SR20DETTTTTTTT, but still, I would have to see it to believe it.

I'm not saying you didn't, I'm just having a hard time swallowing the cool aid. 

Translation: I'm not saying you're a lier, but my esophagus thinks you are.

Just to clarify here, this is not the People's Temple, although Mike does remind me of Jim Jones from time to time. Now if you're saying your esophagus doubts the veracity of their claimed velocity I would take that up with a psychologist who specializes in psychosomatic disorders. Don't blame your throat man, just pointed a finger and say "Lier". 

A 250 hp 4 cylinder race car set up for a track is not geared for pushing top speed. It's set up for quick acceleration out of the corners. If you're working through tall gears to get up to speed you will fall behind, and by the time you hit150 it does you no good. Cars with under 250 hp go upwards of 170 on the salt flats, but it takes them miles to get it up there.

Aerodynamics plays a part, but with a low front end and an air dam the 510 may still be a brick, but a slipperier one.

Translation: I'm not saying you're a lier, but my esophagus thinks you are.

Just to clarify here, this is not the People's Temple, although Mike does remind me of Jim Jones from time to time. Now if you're saying your esophagus doubts the veracity of their claimed velocity I would take that up with a psychologist who specializes in psychosomatic disorders. Don't blame your throat man, just pointed a finger and say "Lier". 

WTF is your malfunction? I don't believe I said he was a liar, reread my statement. In reality what my esophagus is saying is I'm having a hard time believing without proof. Until then I do keep an open mind.

We do not keep the outward form of order, where there is deep disorder in the mind.

-William Shakspeare

• Like 1

Except for all the rattling that I guess I can't really hear with all the wind and engine noise, mine is smooth as silk in the 75-80 range. I've had it up above 80 a few times but that's about it so far. I'm turning almost 4.2k at 75 with my setup - I can't imagine 120 even. I'd have to be turning about 6700 RPM to hit 120 with my 4-speed and 14" rims. And yes, I drive like an old fart. At least when it comes to just going all out fast.

3564009d-63f3-4715-8d6a-f2d4042fb03b_zps

115 with alot of room to go with rebello L20b GPS verified long rod 2150 

125 down hill with an l18 a87 head and larger jetted 32/36 weber 

when I added the BRE spook spoiler the speeds above 80 felt much more stable 

before the spook the front end lifted and wandered above 80 

I would regularly do 90 in my 1977 620 KC. 227k miles. Maybe hit 95 tops. Using GPS

Pushed the 79 KC to 100 a couple times

I've gotten my B210 to 92. Hill assisted 

Fastest in my own car was the 77 Arrow GT. On an awesome stretch of HWY 90 GA a few months back. 120mph (that's where the needle stops) I think I was at around 4000 rpm in 5th. I was cruising next to this Atlanta kid in an old Supra. I could still mash the pedal and gain a bit. We went on like this for many miles and eventually caught up with an old BMW that joined us for a bit. It was good fun. The Arrow handled very very well at high speed and was a smooth ride. 356k miles original. 

Fastest I've ever gone is 150+ in a Foxbody my neighbor had when I was in 6th grade. Big block  

But what was the most intense.. 25mph on a 16ft Hobie Cat, solo

Don't have a 510 to go fast in but once I put my weber on my truck id regularly lay the needle down on my way to work. then I swapped to L18, dogleg, and 3.889 3rd member and speedo cable broke so who knows. all I know is my temp will rise after being floored for extended periods of time, its very noisy and everything shakes.

• Like 1

WTF is your malfunction? I don't believe I said he was a liar, reread my statement. In reality what my esophagus is saying is I'm having a hard time believing without proof. Until then I do keep an open mind.

We do not keep the outward form of order, where there is deep disorder in the mind.

-William Shakspeare

Sorry NWD, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers man. It wasn't meant to be confrontational, just "trying" to make a joke. I figured it was so over the top there would be no mistaking it for anything but sarcastic smartassery. It's actually pretty funny.in a ADD/three beers in kind of way. Last thing I want is to make an enemy through misunderstanding though, so please accept my apology.

Shit, anyone who recites Shakespeare to put a man in his place is obviously no one to trifle with.

• Like 1

I mentioned the Realm's Keith Law's turbo 510 on another post making upwards of 250. It's purpose built for the track and revs over 8,200. With that, he can run an astonishing 4.625 differential and hit 135+ in it. This is what it takes to go that fast reliably.