What's the fastest you've ever gone in a 510?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With my old suspension setup which was shortened struts and lowering springs....and was really low....I did about 110-120, back starts to try an pass the front so the whole car kind shimmys.

With my new setup I've hit a solid 120 and its more stable but not nearly as stable as I would like it to be at that kind of speed....oh and ka24de powered.

• Like 1

680, Martinez Bridge, 780, 80, 37, 121. Yah, I been there. You have a distorted sense of "fast" sitting on a lounge chair with the windows rolled up and the AC on. Do 160 mph on a motorcycle and you feel every damn bit of it. Visited that many times on my GSXR 1100 Highway 94 East of San Diego. Back to 510s 

How long have you lived in the east bay? I wonder if we know each other.

Mike Ambrilovich

Bobby Lee

Junkyard Todd

Eric Strelow

Steve Beale

Jamie Burman

Cliff Behrens

Dan Watson

John Gloyn

Any of those names ring a bell? (spelling may be off)

Datsun speedo's tell lies all day. The faster you go, the farther out they read.

Using GPS, I had my A15 (supercharged) powered 1200 sedan up to 201kph. We were four up, and all four windows were wound all the way down. (It was a hot day)

That was pulling 6000 in 5th gear too. There was a little bit left, but I wasn't game to risk burning a hole in a piston. (again)

My 510 will be plenty faster when it's built.

A mate did 242kph on (gps)in his ca18det 510. Hitting the rev limiter (7200) in fifth gear. I'm glad I wasn't in the car with him that day.................

• Like 1

How long have you lived in the east bay? I wonder if we know each other.

Mike Ambrilovich

Bobby Lee

Junkyard Todd

Eric Strelow

Steve Beale

Jamie Burman

Cliff Behrens

Dan Watson

John Gloyn

Any of those names ring a bell? (spelling may be off)

I've been in the Bay Area for 25 years, SF 15 and East bay for 10. I' may have heard these names mentioned, but I have no context or face to connect with them. I know the band Junkyard Todd old post punk group?

Building my latest 510, I worked with Ermish and Rebello to have the fine tuning done on suspension (Troy) and (Rebello) motor. Checked out your website though. How did you get infected with 510'itus? Are you still doing fab work?

I've been in the Bay Area for 25 years, SF 15 and East bay for 10. I' may have heard these names mentioned, but I have no context or face to connect with them. I know the band Junkyard Todd old post punk group?

Building my latest 510, I worked with Ermish and Rebello to have the fine tuning done on suspension (Troy) and (Rebello) motor. Checked out your website though. How did you get infected with 510'itus? Are you still doing fab work?

I worked for Rebello for almost a decade. I got the bug when I was a kid, then we started racing in the late 80's. I got my job working for Rebellos while pit crewing for the SCCA runoffs at Road Atlanta in Georgia. Dave taught me a lot and I still use them to do my ECU tuning. I moved to the foothills about 7 years ago and I have been building rock crawlers and fast cars ever since.

Troy's a good guy too. I raced ITC with him. Those were the days...

• Like 2

I agree, Troy is a good guy and he's still very much in the days... racing that is. 

In my book Dave and his son Bryan are the real deal. Such nice, down to earth, oober knowledgable guys with decades of experience. Yet they still act like their hanging out in the neighborhood garage spinning wrenches with their buddies. They really helped me out of a tough spot when I pulled my car out of another garage who screwed me over. They were trying cover their shitty work telling me the motor was shot. 80% leak down in the #1 cylinder, bla bla bla. I had done a compression test and got 170 psi on all four so I knew they were shining me. I took it to Rebello's and in 20 minutes the car was running fine and still is today. I owe them big time.

I just swapped to LS2 coil packs and need to adjust spark dwell.  I'm also making the switch to e85, so I'll be taking the car back to Bryan for sure. 

One request, update your sites gallery picts. I want to see stuff newer than 2011 bro. Show off the goods

• Like 3

Op should change the title to " what's the fastest you've ever gone in your Datsun"...

True story. ^^^

I'll keep you posted on the e85 r0p0doe.

So much conflicting information out there regarding e85, but I started to notice most of the people with negative feedback were either hacks who didn't know what they were doing with it, or people who had a vested interest in status quo. There's also a lot of confusion between the N/A Joe public flex fuel user's experience vs. the forced induction tuner's experience. Almost everyone who's used it as performance fuel alternative to race fuel, and done it right, gushes over it. The real difficulty is adjusting to inconsistent fuel blend throughout the season. In Cali that's not as big a problem, but in tougher climates in winter the blend is closer to e60, and in the summer as high as 90%. If you don't adjust for that, Pop Goes The Weasel. I have a stand alone ECU already monitoring an O2 sensor, intake temp, and altimeter to adjust the air fuel mix. When I swap to e85 I I'll add a flex fuel sensor to the system to adjust the timing and fuel map on the fly for running any fuel blend. Otherwise I'd have to do a relative gravity test every time I fueled up. 

http://www.cvel.clemson.edu/auto/sensors/flex-fuel-sensor.html

• Like 1

True story. ^^^

I'll keep you posted on the e85 r0p0doe.

So much conflicting information out there regarding e85, but I started to notice most of the people with negative feedback were either hacks who didn't know what they were doing with it, or people who had a vested interest in status quo. There's also a lot of confusion between the N/A Joe public flex fuel user's experience vs. the forced induction tuner's experience. Almost everyone who's used it as performance fuel alternative to race fuel, and done it right, gushes over it. The real difficulty is adjusting to inconsistent fuel blend throughout the season. In Cali that's not as big a problem, but in tougher climates in winter the blend is closer to e60, and in the summer as high as 90%. If you don't adjust for that, Pop Goes The Weasel. I have a stand alone ECU already monitoring an O2 sensor, intake temp, and altimeter to adjust the air fuel mix. When I swap to e85 I I'll add a flex fuel sensor to the system to adjust the timing and fuel map on the fly for running any fuel blend. Otherwise I'd have to do a relative gravity test every time I fueled up. 

http://www.cvel.clemson.edu/auto/sensors/flex-fuel-sensor.html

Please do man, I'm really thinking about doing an e85 sr when I get there. And I'm not trying to hack it I want to do it right I don't want just an avarage SR swapped 510. I have a buddy who's running e85 on his evo9 and loves it he's pushing 450whp right now but has plans to get more horses out of it. I need to do a lot of studying up but that's where I want to go and have it to where I can switch between e85 and regular pump gas just how my buddy has on his evo...