B IS FOR BUG

Time to post some info on the bug build 1 of 5 i am doing right now . 

what we are workin on : 

1970 vw bug 1600 dp,manual

whats right : 

great floor boards , 0 rust , great running 1600 dual port single carb, one piece windows, new sound system, good clutch, almost new tires,nice interior , rack , wheels 

whats wrong :

front has been hit , front beam was cut and turned and is now bent , all ball joints and tie rod ends are shot . the oil cooler is and has been leaking , valve covers are leaking , heater have been unhooked, needs paint 

what is gonna be done :

cut the front off and replace all the front sheet metal , swap out the front beam that was welded with a adjustable beam w/disc brake upgrade . pull the motor and do the oil cooler and clean everything up, new heater tubes, paint .....

IMAG2999_zps7x6aqxm8.jpgIMAG2998_zpsgv0iqyvi.jpgIMAG3000_zpsyxrlojug.jpgIMAG3001_zpsuqhkfpqu.jpgIMAG3002_zpsktypumzb.jpgIMAG3003_zpscfvyoqyz.jpgIMAG3004_zpszkqjr260.jpgIMAG3005_zpsin9ovudr.jpgIMAG3006_zps60xb6mnn.jpgIMAG3007_zps4nwd5bmg.jpgIMAG3008_zpsjzwr0uuh.jpgIMAG3009_zpssufsnpcb.jpgIMAG3010_zpsxlxuloq2.jpgIMAG3011_zpspkdyjahj.jpgIMAG3012_zpstqd72etd.jpgIMAG3013_zps2lxktfsv.jpgIMAG3014_zpsuwqt6fqm.jpgIMAG3015_zps6ekyqg0b.jpgIMAG3016_zpsbybjniqa.jpgIMAG3017_zpszahcqzms.jpgIMAG3018_zpsvzcql15n.jpgIMAG3019_zps2xcigdq4.jpgIMAG3020_zpsczxxyrlr.jpg

• Like 7
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap! How many projects can you do at once!!

As crazy as it sounds , I have a blast putting cool rides on the road . Sometimes I keep em for a day . Sometimes I keep em for a year or years .

But then I pass them on to be used and enjoyed by someone else . I've probably built 30 really decent rides on the last 10 years . And most were all done by me and only me .

I would love to have a 5/6 man shop , I would really be able to put some really cool rides on the road .

i cant speak for " smoke " but dude they broke the mold when they made my crazy old ass !!

As a matter of fact i think my next tattoo is going to be " Built Not Bought " . because i have never bought anything and left it the way it was when i got it . another funny little fact , i've sold and then got back at least 5 over a 10 year period . IMAG2825_zpseljs0jg4.jpg

• Like 2