1200 reasons and none help fix my life....

jrock4224

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah good idea .. to me its mute .. cause he wants to put a 13b in it at some point and this rearend wont handle that kinda power ... my yellow 1200 will remian a series unless i get a wild hair and use that ca I have later on down the road 

Maybe look into a roadster axle or 411 axle? Hamuck just installed that roadster axle in his aunt flo 411. Those both might be too narrow though.

Man the Roadster axles are barely wide enough for roadsters. All the Roadsters we've run have low offset wheels/spacers in the back to increase the track width.

Man the Roadster axles are barely wide enough for roadsters. All the Roadsters we've run have low offset wheels/spacers in the back to increase the track width.

All of which is slightly meaningless when one is looking to narrow a rear end. Roadster axle worked great for hamucks 411, i thought it might be worth mentioning.

• Like 1

All of which is slightly meaningless when one is looking to narrow a rear end. Roadster axle worked great for hamucks 411, i thought it might be worth mentioning.

Missed the part where he said the rear end was getting narrowed. Probably would be perfect for that application.

just FYI I don't think there's anyway the car can be this low ... I think he is forgetting what it being on the ground will change the look ... we tuck 18's not gonna tuck 14's and be able to go over a rock ... and this from me who constantly drives shit that's too low  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

well the orange/red car runs .. a14 fires right up ...oh had to switch to the old carb off the a12 ... there was a accelerator pump problem ..  its all good now ... running 8 degrees... sorry no vid .. i forgot my phone at work and was busy on the suburban ,,, 

• Like 2

well the orange/red car runs .. a14 fires right up ...oh had to switch to the old carb off the a12 ... there was a accelerator pump problem ..  its all good now ... running 8 degrees... 

The 1200 carb works great on any A-series, better than any other stock A carb.  :thumbup:

It will work better though if you swap the A14 carb jets into the 1200 carb. They are easy to swap, but you have to have the carb off the car to do it. 

suggested that adn explained the validity behind it .,.. even suggested that might cure the dead spot off idle .. but hes gonna try it the way it is ...side note the yellow 1200 just leap frogged the wagon now ... 

suggested that adn explained the validity behind it .,.. even suggested that might cure the dead spot off idle ..

I'd bet money it will. I'd also bet it's lean at spots through the RPM range right now. And at idle. 

side note the yellow 1200 just leap frogged the wagon now ... 

I like this.  B)

after working n can'tby truck work was finished ... we mated the brake lines to the 1200 and i brought his rear end to be reassembled .. was not narrowed ..the guy doin it started mumbling about it would need to be heat treated and shit and i was like ...oh he doesn't wanna do it ... 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

891B8EC9-8FAD-4DC8-9B3D-7DE307D17D97_zps

B18A5D5D-A59B-4668-8E1F-00570BDCC832_zps

2F2AED78-300E-4F46-8D7A-25458140064E_zps

65F47A66-B920-4A61-8597-884047B2F964_zps

B2929903-D1CA-4C56-9893-B51CD714E9EF_zps

well its on the road ... well kinda ... smoked a pinion bearing last week so my yellow car came inside and donated the third member ... a 14 is needing some tuning its jkiinda gut less but since we swapped the third member we haven't tried it ....... currently the car is back in the shop and getting flares to run wider wheels ... a single tear rolled down my face as he cut the quarters ... 

• Like 5

well its on the road ... well kinda ... currently the car is back in the shop and getting flares to run wider wheels ... a single tear rolled down my face as he cut the quarters ... 

All 1200s need flares.   B)

It would be hard to cut a finder...

Actually it's really easy. On a 1200, it's harder not to cut them.    ^_^

If you meant "fender" that is...   :rofl:

• Like 1

The 1200 carb works great on any A-series, better than any other stock A carb.  :thumbup:

It will work better though if you swap the A14 carb jets into the 1200 carb. They are easy to swap, but you have to have the carb off the car to do it. 

What about this carb, it is listed as the perfect A series stock carb on the 1200.com site ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HITACHI-CARBURETOR-dcg306-1970-1972-DATSUN-NISSAN-1200-b110-b210-manual-choke-/142071891251?hash=item2114250533:g:hjkAAOSwRgJXlSSN

You've never tried to fit any fun-sized tires on a lowered 1200...    ^_^

For a 510/610/710, totally. For 1200s, gotta cut 'em all.  B)

i refuse to cut mine ... it will be low and i will just have to deal with no right turns or parking lots .... c notch is done in the 1200s..... hes still cutting front fenders .... 

its amazing how soft the rear leafs are... with both of us in the car at this ride height sounded like a drum machine .. bang bang bang ,,, ...he ordered a set of cheep shock coilsover things and put them on ... gonna need to cut a few coils though now its the opposite issue ... rides like a mini truck ... too stiff... and no low enough ... im gonna run air shocks 

Won't cutting coils make it even stiffer?

lol thats funny most dont know that ... in rc racing we do that with coils... cut a coil to raise the rate.....yes it will but we had to compress the fuck out of it to install them.... the ride is cause we have so little weight in a  1200  and way too long a ghetto coil over ... this was not my idea ... but it needs more rate,  but not so much compression ... they were 150 new so there a sacrifical lamb... the air shocks off my truck will work with some modding ...