Photo

My 720 Resto

• Please log in to reply
522 replies to this topic

#521 720inOlyWa

720inOlyWa

• PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Cars:1984 720 2wd King cab, 1985 720 Nissan King Cab 2wd ‘the Fudgecicle’, ’86 Nissan 720 4x4

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:06 AM

I hear that, wayno.  And while I am happy with the rodeo seats, they got me to thinking about how a stock seat set would be if one remaufactured them with better springs, etc.. It would not be hard to do, either. I saved my stock seats because my neighbor over the fence is a super upholstery craftsman and I am going to lean on him for advice in making new hide leather covers for them. I have an old CViking sewing machine in the basement that I do not know how to use. But it can sew leather, no problem. My thought was to take the seat covers apart and use them as a pattern. This is all formative thinking at this point, but having seen and sat in a set of nicely remade leather seats,.... THAT‘s what I want!

#522 720inOlyWa

720inOlyWa

• PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Cars:1984 720 2wd King cab, 1985 720 Nissan King Cab 2wd ‘the Fudgecicle’, ’86 Nissan 720 4x4

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:58 AM

Yesterday, and last night, it rained a sloppy freezing rain for a good 24 hours or so. It was one of those fine mist kind of rains that enables water to penetrate everywhere. In other words, a perfect opportunity to see if the grey goo that I had trowelled around the fresh air intake for the cab stopped the leaking on the passenger side of the cab. It wasn‘t a pretty repair- I had to reach around the back side of the tube with grey mastic on my fingers and that wasn‘t easy.  But it seems to have paid off because this morning, the passenger side of the cab is bone dry. After a whole lot of effort, and several attempts, I think tat I have finally achieved a dry cab. I can check that repair off the list and move on.

Next up fixing the fan flap linkage to get the air controls working correctly again. No idea why, but selecting defrost, bi-level, or vent makes zero difference and the air is not coming out of the vents at nearly full force, despite the fan blowing like mad. Time to remove the console, drop the vent controls, and see what is not hooked up to whatever... for whatever reason...

#523 wayno

wayno

Datsunahaulic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:22 PM

You can see where the control lever lines go without pulling it all apart, just see why one of them isn't moving when it should be moving.