POST CARS YOU CANT STAND

Because to be frank, an Evo is alot closer to a GTR than it is to an STI.

Evos aren't that bulbous and overweight lol.

I'd say that most brobaru owners started out as Honda fanbois, then became driftbros with a mouth breather 240. After collecting insurance on the totaled 240 (drifting into a road obstacle of some kind), they put a down payment on a noobaru.

-Robert

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with true Honda people, or 240 people, or even Subaru people, its just the way certain massive groups of people are and its stereotype and the stereotypes are mostly accurate.

I actually road race Hondas, I have road raced Nissan as well. People that are true enthusiasts, actually race their cars or at very least go to track days regularly.

If you don't go to the track, you shouldn't be criticizing anyone about anything under any circumstance, until you do/have gone to the track and actually pushed cars to their limit, or yours, whichever comes first.

And no, I do not mean drifting, Drifting in the USA is the opposite of driving skill. If you go to the track for drifting purposes you likely cant drive competitively or well on a road course, or your being well paid by sponsors.

There are of course those stereotype people that think that the car brand that they drive is the best and none is or ever will or could be better, those are fanbois, and every brand has them. A true car enthusiast, in addition to going to the track should be able to easily recognize that every manufacturer has been able to engineer at least a few vehicles very well.

And then there is the opposite of the spectrum that think all cars have their pluses and minuses and we should think all cars that someone put work in are cool even if we dont like them for very obviously good and unbiased reasons. Those people are usually the ones driving the worst cars.

I hate to say it but when the Datsun's we love and drive were new they were considered affordable and disposable too...

I wanted to say the same, but I changed my mind because the level of disposable has gotten pretty low over the years. Cars in the 70's were expected to be on the road more than 5 years. That seems to be the target expectancy on cars now. Plus, Datsun was trying to make a name for themself. Honda is on cruise control making as much profit as they can. And the Civic is the victim of designers designing cars for their target audience. Datsuns target audience was much cooler. And interestingly, the audience is still better, and still paying attention.

Don't you own a Datsun? Although they aren't disposable, they are older and the majority of members on this sight are trying to make them faster.

I do agree that the ricey one are ugly piles of crap but, they are fun to drive when keeping function in mind when modifying them :)

You all missed my point! I don't hate Honda, I like the S2000, NSX, Prelude, and Accord. But I just can't stand the Civic. It has looked bland and boring in all generations. Ugly. But yes, let's compare Datsuns. The 510 would be similar to the Civic if it were still made today, but the Sentra is pretty much it's competition from Nissan now, which the Sentra is a sharp looking little car.

But let's compare apples to apples. We all know what the 510 looks like, this is the Civic from the 70's:

800px-1973-1978_Honda_Civic_5-door_hatch

YUCK!

Fuglyness! The 510 had a much better shape and styling. No comparison. This thing has the style of a Pinto!

And while I am hating on Honda some, I despise their fake truck/minivan with a bed, the Ridgeline. I don't mind it being front wheel drive based and a unibody, hell, so is the VW Rabbit pickup from the 80's and I loved those, as well as the Subaru Brat. But besides being stupid looking, you can't reach over the damned bed sides! WTF kind of stupid design is that?

01_s.jpg

But this thing beats all cars ever made for uglyness! My daughter's boyfriend just bought one. 2013 Chevy Spark in babyshit green metallic. Ugly inside as well as out. No room whatsoever, no power, good on gas yes, but no thanks! Pretty much is a rebadged Daewoo Matiz from Korea which isn't any better looking.

_7.JPG2010-Daewoo-Matiz-Creative-Review-Wallpa

2013-chevrolet-spark-cockpit-3.jpg

So much hate, I can't even begin........... 

I work at Toyota as a tech, and let me be the first to tell you. THESE ARE FUCKING GARBAGE.

You'll hate your life when that $3,000 high-pressure fuel pump kicks rocks. Oh, and what about when you need a long block cause you think you're a drifter? No problem, done one of those too....

f2Id8C4.jpg

I FUCKING HATE YOU FR-S / BRZ / FLAT BILL FAGS.

• Like 2

But this thing beats all cars ever made for uglyness! My daughter's boyfriend just bought one. 2013 Chevy Spark in babyshit green metallic. Ugly inside as well as out. No room whatsoever, no power, good on gas yes, but no thanks! Pretty much is a rebadged Daewoo Matiz from Korea which isn't any better looking.

2010-Daewoo-Matiz-Creative-Review-Wallpa

I'd reconsider your daughter's choice of boyfriend. Lol  :poke:

• Like 1

$3000 fuel pump? GODSDAMN! I thought only Lexus had the overpriced garbage parts! I remember when I worked for a Lexus dealer in 2006 I priced a rear view mirror. Nothing fancy, no video screen for back-up camera or whatever, just auto dimming and a little compass, $1200... F**K YOU TOYOTA! Of course they said no, next time it came in for a service it had a cheap $10 normal mirror from a parts store and the wiring had been tucked away.

Not to stray away from the thread's original topic, but i sincerely dislike working at a stealership. Sure, the money is there. (I'm 23 - today! - and make approximately just under $40k) But I make that money by selling dishonest services like power steering flushes, brake flushes, or just being a 'part-replacer'. I don't enjoy it. It's not for me, but we all have to make a living. Infact, I'm looking into something more rewarding like welding or perhaps machine work.

4xojspk-1.gif

Wow.

Subarus are one of the easiest cars to work on, ever. I'm not a huge fan of any of their cars, but I respect what, and how, they do.
Odd duck? Sure. But it's been working for enough years for them to still follow suit.

As for the BRZ/FR-S. I'm may be the minority here-but that car is a fucking blast to drive. Favorite car in the Toyota/Scion network.
And as a Toyota tech myself, I have no concern for the car at all.
High pressure fuel pump? Every one I have seen fails in less than 15,000 miles. Yay for warranty. (I've done probably 30 this year myself.)
And, if by chance, one actually gets past the 15K mark on the original...5 year/60,000 mile warranty. No fucks.

• Like 1

4xojspk-1.gif

Wow.

Subarus are one of the easiest cars to work on, ever. I'm not a huge fan of any of their cars, but I respect what, and how, they do.

Odd duck? Sure. But it's been working for enough years for them to still follow suit.

As for the BRZ/FR-S. I'm may be the minority here-but that car is a fucking blast to drive. Favorite car in the Toyota/Scion network.

High pressure fuel pump? Every one I have seen fails in less than 15,000 miles. Yay for warranty. (I've done probably 30 this year myself.)

And, if by chance, one actually gets past the 15K mark on the original...5 year/60,000 mile warranty. No fucks.

I hate agreeing with you. But, the subaru has to be one of the most simplistic cars I have ever messed with as far as working on one.

• Like 1

Maybe I'll edit my original post a little..... OK, the BRZ / FR-S handle insanely well, ill give them that. It's like all the handling of an $80k Porsche (easily comparable, really.) but a $24k price tag. But they really need more power. Hell, a 2AZ Camry goes faster than an FR-S.

I hate the little Asian boys with drift, jdm, "no fat chicks, car will scrape" stickers all over the FR-S / BRZ when they come into work. hate those....

• Like 1

4xojspk-1.gif

Wow.

Wow, thats the most delusional thing I have ever read.

Have you ever work,ed on a Subaru? I cant imagine after that statement. I am not talking about Forresters and non turbo models, I am talking about the WRX which for example has a fuel hose that costs $19 and costs $900 in labor to replace. Everything about the way that car is designed is absurd and needless. Nobody I have ever met that builds subarus or has worked on the engine bay of one would EVER say they are the most simplistic. Period.

This is your lucky day. You just met a guy who works on subarus and thinks they are easy. Just becacuse someone charges 900 bucks to do 70 bucks worth of work does not make it hard. I have done that fuel line replacment and there was nothing to it. Lacking mechanical skills does not make a car bad.

• Like 3

I have worked on Subarus, I didnt do that particular service but looking at the location, its definitely a little more than $70. And thats a good excuse for putting it there int he first place? Definitely not.

Did you go change those spark plugs yet?

Not a simplistic car at all, dumbest comment ever made on Ratsun.

Hey but at least look at the bright side, most of the components that dont wear out very frequently are easy to get to :thumbup:

I don't like hating a car just because of the people who drive it, but I Can't fucking stand Subaru owners, I do like the STI hatch though..

Subaru owners 90% of the time are wearing TAPOUT t shirts with a backwards hat while drinking protien drinks.

I tend to talk a lot of shit to Subaru owners, and Ive had two of them pullover and try to fight me and my buddy because we flipped them off while we were riding bikes, that shit is funny. I've never met a Subaru owner who doesn't say "bro" every time they speak too..

I like the cars, but most of the drivers are a bunch of fuckin tools.

I have worked on many Subaru's. WRX. STI. All others. All easy.

Head gaskets. Engines. Maintenance. Clutches. Lofting. Lowering.

Cake.

I'd rather do any thing to a Subaru than the best paying of jobs on a K20 SI.

FR-S: Fucking riot.

Everyone I work with says they are slow.

Everyone I work with is also scared to shift past 5,000rpm.

Keep it above 6K and its plenty powerful. Anything above 7K? Fucking screamer.

I have yet to ever use 5th or 6th gear in one.

Too much fun turning corners redlined in 3rd.

• Like 1

I can't drive an S2000 right. I just can't rev that high without expecting an explosion. (On the outside kind). Doesn't help that it is my bosses car. So I guess that fear is a bit compounded. But I've been in the car while he handles the redline. That high rev driving feels incredible. Shifting just punches into torque.

Seems like all the subie hater have never owned/driven/worked on one. 

My buddies STi is nastyyyyyy from the day he owned it. Also, super easy to work on. I swapped his alternator literally in 10 minutes and that was taking my time. So easy to make power on those too.