datsunfreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,767 posts
  • Cars:'73 1200 Coupe, '77 280Z

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

any info on this car?

It's awesome.

It's your car, just don't ruin it.

This seems like an elaborate ploy to get me to say "I like the D".

#43 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts
  • Cars:Had 521 & 1200, Now 71 Chevy SWB, 72 BMW, 1997 Cherokee

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:45 AM

10283835384_32a0604124_z_zpsa4513a65.jpg

any info on this car?

There is a build thread on it, if I find it again I'll post a link

"It's like comparing a wooden roller coaster to a modern modern roller coaster. Without a doubt the modern roller coaster is faster, quieter and smoother. But people still love to ride the wooden roller coasters. The sounds, vibrations, jerks and jolts all add to the experience. Sure a wooden roller coaster may not be as fast, but it's sure a fun ride that can equally scare the crap out of you." - Annette

"is it racist to assume that cauliflower is just white entitled broccoli ?" - jrock

"You spend a lot of time pushing on doors that say pull, don't you?" - mhub91

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until they speak - www

#44 skyblue

skyblue

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts
  • Cars:1971 510 4dr, 1972 521, 1966 Impala, 1966 Yamaha Campus 60(YJ2), 1973 240z, 2003 SV650

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

love 2002's. had a '71 back in '99. sweet score!

#45 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

Closed

IMAG0799_zpsc403aa4c.jpg

Open

IMAG0800_zps7eedc6fc.jpg

Would have been nice to at least find Quarter

IMAG0789_zpsdecf69ba.jpg

"It's like comparing a wooden roller coaster to a modern modern roller coaster. Without a doubt the modern roller coaster is faster, quieter and smoother. But people still love to ride the wooden roller coasters. The sounds, vibrations, jerks and jolts all add to the experience. Sure a wooden roller coaster may not be as fast, but it's sure a fun ride that can equally scare the crap out of you." - Annette

"is it racist to assume that cauliflower is just white entitled broccoli ?" - jrock

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until they speak - www

#46 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:26 AM

Problem gone

IMAG0802_zpsbf8c3ad0.jpg

Going to see if I can use the lower front apron of a early seventies Volvo front panel I have to replace this. I like the look and function of the vented slots.

2015-Volvo-142-Vallaringkra-PMCG-4-1200x

Then add a small chin spoiler like this, I like the look and it will also help direct air through the vents

IMG_2781_zps64ec8b31.jpg

#47 graveltrapp

graveltrapp

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Cars:Yes Please.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

D,

Not sure how I missed the thread, but glad your back in the game, Let me know if I can keep my eyes out for anything to help get this on the road by the Summer.

bmw-2002ti-alpina-3d-rendering_3.jpg

#48 graveltrapp

graveltrapp

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Cars:Yes Please.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

Link for ya.

http://seattle.craig...4789332434.html

http://portland.crai...4777794000.html

#49 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:51 AM

That's funny, I have already bought parts from him.

He's on here too, he's has a 510 goon, 521, & a early Z as well as 3 2002s in the family

D,

Not sure how I missed the thread, but glad your back in the game, Let me know if I can keep my eyes out for anything to help get this on the road by the Summer.

bmw-2002ti-alpina-3d-rendering_3.jpg

I'm looking for a set of those earlier short rear bumper ends. Mine rap all the way to the rear wheel well

#50 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:55 PM

Problem gone

IMAG0802_zpsbf8c3ad0.jpg

Going to see if I can use the lower front apron of a early seventies Volvo front panel I have to replace this. I like the look and function of the vented slots.

volvo-142-lowered-stance-works_zps426bde

Then add a small chin spoiler like this, I like the look and it will also help direct air through the vents

IMG_2781_zps64ec8b31.jpg

Got the lower valance cleaned up, happy no filler or rust

IMAG0822_zpsbc38c01a.jpg

6b9ebcf2-6b95-4607-8a1b-aea293e45005_zps

#51 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

Some rust above and below pedal box area, above is because of heat shield / sound deader on engine side traps moisture. Be glad if you don't have it.

IMAG0819_zps3f07f99a.jpg

IMAG0830_zps69944ce0.jpg

Rust gone

2ac4c01a-5bf6-48dd-a243-dd2353316604_zps

All better now

IMAG0836_zps1aba7344.jpg

#52 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

Rust cut out on passenger side

IMAG0842_zps7b266135.jpg

offending piece

IMAG0844_zps2c445bdc.jpg

All better, also widened the tunnel on the passenger side while I was at it

IMAG0848_zpsbc252238.jpg

#53 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:13 PM

So I have been pretending I know how to build a motor, well not really it had great compression but still freshen it a bit, surfaced head, lapped the valves, replaced valve seals, front and rear main seals, better cam, header, and a Weber carb. So it's time to put the valve cover back on and it just to ugly, lots of mounting nubs, ribs, raised lettering plus the usual fresh air port and PCV valve location. So here's my experiment, I'll wait to see how it works before calling it a good idea.

I want to be able to draw fresh air into to engine with out having a port in the valve cover for a hose to the air filter or a breather so the oil filler cap is going to become my breather for fresh air being drawn into the engine

IMAG0944_zpsqlqwzay3.jpg

IMAG0948_zps7208yn5q.jpg

It will stick down where minimal oil is being thrown around and as long as I don't have to much blow by it should only have air entering the engine until shut down

So to draw air out of the engine I built a baffle in the back of the head using the same screen out of the baffle the factory had in the valve cover, I wrapped it around a vent tube and inclosed it with a larger tube  to limited oil being drawn in, then ported it out the side of the head. The PVC will be run inline in the hose to the intake.

IMAG0922_zpsbdkd0fcn.jpg

IMAG0924_zpsukdclglq.jpg

And the clean looking valve cover after some welding and grinding

IMAG0934_zpsyrqhfqcq.jpg

#54 datsunfreak

datsunfreak

• 13,767 posts
  • Cars:'73 1200 Coupe, '77 280Z

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:01 PM

Very crafty.  B)

It's your car, just don't ruin it.

This seems like an elaborate ploy to get me to say "I like the D".

#55 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:43 AM

Very crafty.  B)

Sometimes these ideas just come to me and I have to try them

tumblr_m24bmkfs1L1qc3wjlo1_1280_zps91952

#56 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

Happy to find a set of 4x100 staggered Libre copies from CSI (Carrol Shelby International). What I found on Wiki: American Racing sold the Libre molds to Shelby, who marketed the Libre under their own name. Some 13" Libres have raised lettering on one spoke reading "SCCA", indicating wheels that were specially made for SCCA's Spec Racer program.

_57_zps94k5fdlq.jpg

#57 MicroMachinery

MicroMachinery

Official Nintendo Seal of Quality

• 11,649 posts
  • Cars:71 521, 71 510 4dr, 80 720 4x4, 76 610 Coupe, 73 610 Wagon, 73 610 Coupe

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

Oops.

#58 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,587 posts
  • Cars:Cleopatra does the nasty.

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:52 PM

Whoopsie daisy.

So somehow while i was driving back from Eaglerock swap meet i somehow caused YOU to post this,,,, do really think members on this site are that stupid to believe i caused it??

http://community.rat...un-for-a-while/

Yeah i guess you do,,

BTW ,,,, the first person to call you a pussy,,,, ya might wanna check out his ethnicity ,, cuz i don't think it's what you think it is there snowflakeboy

..........................I shall call it, narclops.

#59 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

In my backwards neck of the woods we called the American Racing 200s "Coke Bottles" but it does seem the rest of the world called them "Daisies". Hey we were pretty homophobic back then and the only Daisy we'd let on our cars was girls wearing Daisy Dukes cut offs.

#60 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,587 posts
  • Cars:Cleopatra does the nasty.

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:22 PM

RW20weed20weels201_1_1.jpg

So somehow while i was driving back from Eaglerock swap meet i somehow caused YOU to post this,,,, do really think members on this site are that stupid to believe i caused it??

http://community.rat...un-for-a-while/

Yeah i guess you do,,

BTW ,,,, the first person to call you a pussy,,,, ya might wanna check out his ethnicity ,, cuz i don't think it's what you think it is there snowflakeboy

..........................I shall call it, narclops.