245 replies to this topic

#241 Aibast

Aibast

• PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Location:Milkyway-> Sol -> Earth -> Europe -> Estonia -> Saue
  • Cars:Volvo 740, Renault Master

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:04 PM

like the wheels on the car. Do they stick out a bit? If so get some fender flairs to keep them tucked a little in on the top.

----2001 Renault Master

----1987 Volvo 740 "van"

----1996 Land Rover Discovery Tdi - SOLD

----1973 Volvo 142 DL 2.0  - SOLD

---- 2001 Volvo V70AWD 2.5 T5 - SOLD

---- 2004 Honda Civic 1.4L 5dr hatchback - Ecodaily - SOLD

---- 1996 Volvo 850 R 2.0L T5 155kW 300Nm - Daily driven family car - SOLD
---- 1979 Datsun 1500 (620) Pickup - Oldtimers rally car project - SOLD
---- 1992 Volvo 850 GL - one winter beater - SOLD
---- 1996 Volvo 480 Turbo - heavily modified trackcar --- youtube videos - SOLD
---- 1987 Volvo 744 Turbo - Turbobrick - TOTALED BY BMW
---- 1973 Volvo 142 GL - SOLD
---- 1983 Mazda 626 GC - SOLD

#242 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,570 posts
  • Cars:Had 521 & 1200, Now 71 Chevy SWB, 72 BMW, 2010 Tahoe

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

Yep, they're the wrong offset unless flares

"It's like comparing a wooden roller coaster to a modern modern roller coaster. Without a doubt the modern roller coaster is faster, quieter and smoother. But people still love to ride the wooden roller coasters. The sounds, vibrations, jerks and jolts all add to the experience. Sure a wooden roller coaster may not be as fast, but it's sure a fun ride that can equally scare the crap out of you." - Annette

"is it racist to assume that cauliflower is just white entitled broccoli ?" - jrock

"You spend a lot of time pushing on doors that say pull, don't you?" - mhub91

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until they speak - www

#243 ol' 320

ol' 320

• PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Cars:67.5 roadster, M3, TR6 w/ 302

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

DaBlist: I don't know you, and vice versa. But I have enjoyed your build threads AND the pics are a big, big part of this. I hope you will consider finding picture host soon:)

#244 datsunfreak

datsunfreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,388 posts
  • Cars:'73 1200 Coupe, '77 280Z

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

Not that I know of. It's got the US spec park bench bumpers and speedometer is MPH

I thought the double front side marker was an indication of it being grey market?

A friend who imported a 635CSI back in the day had to change his speedo, bumpers, headlights, and side markers. 

He was smart enough to keep the bumpers and headlights, though.   ^_^

It's your car, just don't ruin it.

It's also not my money, so i'll suggest the most expensive option. 

#245 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,570 posts
  • Cars:Had 521 & 1200, Now 71 Chevy SWB, 72 BMW, 2010 Tahoe

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

DaBlist: I don't know you, and vice versa. But I have enjoyed your build threads AND the pics are a big, big part of this. I hope you will consider finding picture host soon:)

I see you have M3 and a V8 swapped TR6. We should be neighors

"It's like comparing a wooden roller coaster to a modern modern roller coaster. Without a doubt the modern roller coaster is faster, quieter and smoother. But people still love to ride the wooden roller coasters. The sounds, vibrations, jerks and jolts all add to the experience. Sure a wooden roller coaster may not be as fast, but it's sure a fun ride that can equally scare the crap out of you." - Annette

"is it racist to assume that cauliflower is just white entitled broccoli ?" - jrock

"You spend a lot of time pushing on doors that say pull, don't you?" - mhub91

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until they speak - www

#246 ol' 320

ol' 320

• PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Cars:67.5 roadster, M3, TR6 w/ 302

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:04 PM

Hi DaBlist. Sorry for delay, I read Ratsun at least twice a day but rarely log in:)

I loved the E36 M3..... one of the best all around cars in stock form I have ever driven .... and not to brag, but my family operated a classic car dealership for 18 years and in that time sold several thousand cars, many of them amazing machines .... so I think nk I know an exceptional driving car when I pilot one down the road.

Sold our M3 (the old car my wife has truly ever loved as opposed to liked) to the a friend who sits on the national board of the BMWCCA. It was that nice. Loved that car.

The V8-powered TR6 was built by a dude who is legendary in the modified Triumph community..... Dan Masters.

I owned it a little over a year, and sold it on to a Canadian collector who likes it so much he sold his super low mileage Ford GT because he enjoys driving this Triumph better! More than $100K was spent building this car, which was built on the prototype chassis for the FastCars chassis and FastCars front end. If you are not familiar, Google this. Handled like a dream.

I really would like to be able to see pics of your BMW build, if you have the pics fixed somewhere. I love those 1600s and 2002s as well, but I especially like the bastardized and extremely over-powered ones.

If you know about Paul Cain, you may know about his brother, Joe Cain. A few years ago Joe took a Bavarian and re powered it with an all aluminum small block 427 with pipe organ Hilborn injection, five speed and surgically inserted a Jag IRS.

I missed this car when it came up for sale. When someone says a car "ran like a raped ape" I think of this car. which looked stock except for the plus sized alloy wheels.

Joe's work on this car redefined craftsmanship and fabrication. Metalcrafters painted it .... If you are mot familiar with them, they paint the concept cars for some of the finest auto manufacturers in the world. Or anyone else with silly money .... but only if they like you....lol!

If I ever do another project car, I am thinking about a Merc Fintail with an LS conversion, or a BMW 2000 or New Classe with an LS.

Unfortunately I am not very mechanically inclined myself, altho I am very proficient at rounding out screw slots ...

That's why I especially enjoy the work of the talented fabricators on here.