• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure would like a 510 two door but noooooooooooooooo, not on my budget. I see what look's like a good deal on another 2002, get there and it's got to much rust so when I tell him I'm not interested but he keeps slashing the price until I couldn't refuse. Strong running motor, 5spd and brakes from a early 3 series, nice wheels with new tires, body and paint that looks good at night, $1800 bucks

But I can't post a picture so I guess it doesn't really matter

• Like 2

Not that I know of. It's got the US spec park bench bumpers and speedometer is MPH

I thought the double front side marker was an indication of it being grey market?

A friend who imported a 635CSI back in the day had to change his speedo, bumpers, headlights, and side markers. 

He was smart enough to keep the bumpers and headlights, though.   ^_^

DaBlist: I don't know you, and vice versa. But I have enjoyed your build threads AND the pics are a big, big part of this. I hope you will consider finding picture host soon:)

I see you have M3 and a V8 swapped TR6. We should be neighors

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi DaBlist. Sorry for delay, I read Ratsun at least twice a day but rarely log in:)

I loved the E36 M3..... one of the best all around cars in stock form I have ever driven .... and not to brag, but my family operated a classic car dealership for 18 years and in that time sold several thousand cars, many of them amazing machines .... so I think nk I know an exceptional driving car when I pilot one down the road.

Sold our M3 (the old car my wife has truly ever loved as opposed to liked) to the a friend who sits on the national board of the BMWCCA. It was that nice. Loved that car.

The V8-powered TR6 was built by a dude who is legendary in the modified Triumph community..... Dan Masters.

I owned it a little over a year, and sold it on to a Canadian collector who likes it so much he sold his super low mileage Ford GT because he enjoys driving this Triumph better! More than $100K was spent building this car, which was built on the prototype chassis for the FastCars chassis and FastCars front end. If you are not familiar, Google this. Handled like a dream.

I really would like to be able to see pics of your BMW build, if you have the pics fixed somewhere. I love those 1600s and 2002s as well, but I especially like the bastardized and extremely over-powered ones.

If you know about Paul Cain, you may know about his brother, Joe Cain. A few years ago Joe took a Bavarian and re powered it with an all aluminum small block 427 with pipe organ Hilborn injection, five speed and surgically inserted a Jag IRS.

I missed this car when it came up for sale. When someone says a car "ran like a raped ape" I think of this car. which looked stock except for the plus sized alloy wheels.

Joe's work on this car redefined craftsmanship and fabrication. Metalcrafters painted it .... If you are mot familiar with them, they paint the concept cars for some of the finest auto manufacturers in the world. Or anyone else with silly money .... but only if they like you....lol!

If I ever do another project car, I am thinking about a Merc Fintail with an LS conversion, or a BMW 2000 or New Classe with an LS.

Unfortunately I am not very mechanically inclined myself, altho I am very proficient at rounding out screw slots ...

That's why I especially enjoy the work of the talented fabricators on here.

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...