I shouldn't be allowed to own...

Been missing having a small fun old school toy and so after watching the episode of Fake & Loud where Aaron drives the Ford Cortina the hunt was on. With lots of cars on my watch list the one thing that really catches my attention is "Original paint". If you'd seen some of my last bondo horrors you'd under stand. So when this showed up on CL it screamed come and get me. Been parked since 91 waiting for a restoration. The owner had been collecting parts for years but lost his job and needed to sell everything. Would have loved the same deal on a 510 but didn't want to let this pass.

IMAG0634_zpse0d6bf9d.jpg

IMAG0631_zps3b401228.jpg

• Like 7
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point ,,, you know your going to have to finish this project ( unlike the poor little 2002 in carport)  and bring it out and drive the country side , or come to a Ratsun meet-up with us asshats,,,,,, right.

Yes ,, that is a challenge. 

• Like 2

By most peoples standards I have never finished a car but I really enjoy getting them back on the road.

My problem is I'm to eager to borrow a car trailer, drive for hours and don't want to admit failure when I get there so I have to bring it home :sweat:

• Like 2

I'm just saying you need to get out your mountain top hermits lair,, and wobble down the road with us.

Hell my project for the last couple weeks has been move a 210 wagon about 25 feet,,,,,,, still sitting in the same spot 2 weeks later

:lol:

• Like 1

Been missing having a small fun old school toy so I have been on the hunt. Lots of cars on my watch for list but the thing that really catches my attention is "Original paint" so when this showed up on CL it screamed come and get me. Been parked since 91 waiting for a restoration. The owner had been collecting parts for years but lost his job and needed to sell everything. Would have loved the same deal on a 510 but didn't want to let this pass.

IMAG0634_zpse0d6bf9d.jpg

IMAG0631_zps3b401228.jpg

BMW 2002 are great cars! You lucked out and got a pre "Front and rear porch" bumper set! Just pray that you won't have to change the water pump. The designer obviously considered the pump to be indestructable so designed it to be mounted before hooking up all the other front end accesories, the hose between the intake and the block is incredibly short and there is little lee way to wrestle the old one off and the replacement on. Personal testimony, and yes, the designer was wrong, the water pumps do fail.
  • Like 1

BMW 2002 are great cars! You lucked out and got a pre "Front and rear porch" bumper set! Just pray that you won't have to change the water pump. The designer obviously considered the pump to be indestructable so designed it to be mounted before hooking up all the other front end accesories, the hose between the intake and the block is incredibly short and there is little lee way to wrestle the old one off and the replacement on. Personal testimony, and yes, the designer was wrong, the water pumps do fail.

Thanks for the heads up on the water pump. I've heard changing the heater cores are the worst, the running joke seems to be that the car was built around them.

• Like 2
"At some point ,,, you know your going to have to finish this project ( unlike the poor little 2002 in carport)  and bring it out and drive the country side , or come to a Ratsun meet-up with us asshats,,,,,, right. Yes ,, that is a challenge."

Can I wear my costume?

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Well I should have know better than to trust the internet. I needed the firing order for this car as there were no spark wires on the engine when I got it . My search came up with a diagram that had the wrong rotation

I'll take it as a complement but here's what I think of when I hear Shark Nose BMW

tumblr_mra6igVlbC1ro8zc7o1_1280_zps602b5

tumblr_mc19jfmRhr1qfma1bo1_1280_zps94607

Oh god.  Cambered rear on a bmw.  That is painful to look at for my eyes.  Front looks fine.  I think it would look better if the rim wasn't actually in the well.  Maybe half as lowered.  But the back is hideous.  Clean BMW though.  Can't say I wouldn't drive it.  

Oh god.  Cambered rear on a bmw.  That is painful to look at for my eyes.  Front looks fine.  I think it would look better if the rim wasn't actually in the well.  Maybe half as lowered.  But the back is hideous.  Clean BMW though.  Can't say I wouldn't drive it.  

BMW's run about 2 degrees of camber in the rear factory......

obviously this one is more than that, but still.....