Ka24E-T Dry sump oil system

Brooin8

This topic is not really covered in detail, and I wanted to shed some light on a system that is inexpensive and pretty easy to do. 

I started out with a stock KA that had carbs on it. 

After disassembly, my budget allowed me to buy H beam eagle rods, and some Wiseco pistons (8.0:1).

I didn't stop there either. A GT35 ball bearing turbo, and a cast iron manifold toped the project off.

Now how to supply adequate oil to the system without damaging my new clevite bearings. 

Not many companies make dry sump oil systems for the KA. I found out that the Pump alone was going to be a mess to mount, and line up properly. 

After installing a crank wheel for my standalone Microsquirt system, room till I hit the Rad was about 1 inch. 

The stock power steering pump was not being used and mounted perfect for my application. I ended up using this vane style pump as my main supply oil pump. More efficient and better pressure delivery, I changed a few springs within the pump assembly, and I got pressure. Very nice pressure. 

I will be updating the thread with pictures and more information. It is dark here now, and I can't take pics. Here is a video to start with. 

http://youtu.be/VpBn-5Fpg6Q

• Like 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a lot of use for this for the average person but hard core racing, drifting and rock crawling would be super.. even auto cross.This is interesting to see in action. I installed PS in my truck and looked into the Nissan pumps. They can generate over 1,000 psi so pressure isn't a problem.  A general rule of thumb is 10 PSI per thousand RPMs expected. Was selecting the relief spring a trial and error thing?

Thanks for sharing this. It fires the imagination.