My 720 Build (Jeremiah720)

Jeremiah720

Well looks like I ran into a detour on my build. Last night pulling out of work my brake pedal went to the floor. Got home using my pbrake and looked for some leaks didn't find anything. Popped the hood and my master looks to be leaking into my booster.

So I might as well do the 240 booster swap. Anyone know if I need the master and all from the 240? I need to make room for my turbo anyways so might as well get it out the way.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after much digging around in my garage I was able to find my Viper keyless entry kit I had laying around. Didnt get much done but figured I'd post anyways will finish up tomorrow and update this post.

I also had tons of wire I pulled out of cop cars in the salvage yard. Good place for wire these idiots dont yank it out lol.

u7ehr4tiro47r0vfg.jpg

So I got the passenger side pretty much done just need to finish up a lil.
Now the biggest problem I had was the door jam. I didnt wanna have wires hanging or getting pinched so I went digging around the salvage yard and found 2 rubber booties off the back of a subaru tailgate. One side fit perfectly in the already existing hole in the cab however there wasnt a hole in the other side of the door....so I drilled one 1/2 inch hole as its the size of the inner diameter of the rubber boot. I pulled it through nice and snug.

wg20p0821teij04fg.jpg

After I got it through I put a washer in there like so to make sure it wouldnt come out. Which I doubt it would of but it was just in case. I couldnt get a good pic of it in the door jam. So I took a quick pic for an example while cleaning up.
yy9lrgqvs88v0b8fg.jpg

So heres the actuator mounted up. Was a pain in the ass as I didnt have a lot of room to mount it because the window would hit it coming down. And couldnt mount it like I would any other car (on the outside) because the door card wouldnt go back on. Finally After fiddling around I got it in the right spot where it barely misses the window and works just fine.

sd24nomvgb0fevffg.jpg

Ok well Ill finish up tomorrow. Still have the alarm headlights door sensors and other side to put in.

Yeah it was a 300zx booster basically the same bolt pattern same size booster without the long ass pole.tho i am interested in the 240 booster as it is slimmer however idk if it supplies enough assistance for its purpose .but what I don't know is if the arm reaches to the brake pedal arm on the 300zx and the master cylinder. Looks like it would just bolt in fine. Still waiting for someone to chime in on it. I will probably go ahead with the 300zx and let you know if I had to mod anything to fit.

369327_1000.jpg

• Like 1

Look into using the 1980 Datsun 720 booster, it is slightly smaller, but more importantly is it is closer to the firewall, and it bolts in.

DSCN3491.JPG

DSCN3492.JPG

DSCN3493.JPG

Now I am not saying that all 1980 720 boosters are the same, you need to find the smaller one that has the short pedastal, I guess it depended on who showed up for work that day, seems like no two Datsuns were built the same.

You would have to look at the brake lines to make sure they are arranged the same way, it seems that Nissan put a load sensor on the frame under the passenger seat, on some of the 720s, the right front brake line is tied into this sensor while others it is not.

I find it easier just to bend the existing brake lines to fit, but that is just me, and if it breaks, then I just make a new line, or re-flair the old one.

It will be a while before I install the turbo. As I said this will be a long process I make good money but I'm not rich haha. First I need to get fuel injected. Then I need to tune it. I'm buying a 2nd z24 to build up as my 720 is my daily. Which I'll just be getting forged pistons. And full rebuild of the head with stiffer valve springs. It will be a while but I'll still keep trying to do smaller projects as I go. I'll post my keyless entry when I have time. I'm all done with it.