My 720 Build (Jeremiah720)

Jeremiah720

Well my end result of my build will be a fully restored 720 with a Built Z24ET and custom body modifications custom interior. So sorry to stock die hard lovers but this will not be a 100% original restore on a Very nice truck. I kinda feel bad myself doing such. But I vow to keep it as original as I can. I will use what the 720 has and add a little spice.

Heres some of my small mods to my 720 so far. Not much but will be fun a long the way. This will be a long process but plan on doing a few things per month and updating everyone along the way.

My 720

n183cfgktel0hhufg.jpg

dg5y1avyb5ga7crfg.jpg

Seats from a 2006 Scion TC

Center console is from a 90's Dodge Neon

4tqjiot1u7jpi6tfg.jpg

6inch kick panel speakers.

a85o2b02z9ayco9fg.jpg

6x9 Speakers in the rear below window.

Had to cut a little metal inside the body with a jigsaw but hey it fit very nicely.

Sound is great its nicely spread through the whole truck rather then just coming from the front or rear.

f6sefiba6f6olb9fg.jpg

Welded up some new exhaust out of old 2.25 pipe I had laying around. Also had a flowmaster sounds awesome. Not too loud but with a growl.

a9bse6b8ppuo5r1fg.jpg

o28lp8pwsc2trw3fg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Haven't seen an z24et.

Custom intake with Megasquirt?

Z22E Intake manifold bolts up to the z24 and the injectors will support a 2.4L only problem is z24 ports are square and the z22 are round, also youll  have to port the head a little bit for the injectors spray pattern and yes I will be using megasquirt for this build.

How hard is it to change the suspension in my 84 720?

Depends what is it your wanting to change?

Do those seats give you adequate thigh clearance? Great idea with the console. I had been looking for a stock one in tan, but seeing yours, I may broaden my horizons a bit. You and I have the same exact truck- except mine is normally aspirated / 5 speed.

Except for things that make it drive better / be more comfortable, I am going to leave mine as stock as possible. It really is a pretty great driving truck now that it is all fixed up.

I may just find a set of used 720 buckets to recover / rebuild. Mine are okay, but a nice set makes a huge difference, as you know.

Nice truck! (I love mine.)

The seats add about 1 inch higher better feel on the pedals and more adjustability. Bit more led room and easy access to the rear of the truck using the handle on the side of backrest. I'm still pretty much bone stock. I still have my old seats one with no tears and the drivers is a bit more worn with the tear in the butt of the seat.

I have a set of Neon seats in my 720, they sit an inch higher also, I personally don't like it, I have a kingcab so I don't need to be higher, as I can move back.

I guess it's a personal preference, once sitting in the lower position on the many 720s I have owned, I got used to the stock feeling.

Another thing I noticed is what was mentioned, when I sit in my 720 with the wheel tilted down, it's less than an inch from my legs, and it makes it difficult to enter/exit the truck, but I finally just got used to the wheel being tilted up or in the middle.

I don't have the tilt steering wheel so its not so close to the seats. I'm tall so being so low in a seat is very uncomfortable. Also the tc seats adjust on the back support and thigh so I am really liking the seats. Plus heated for the winter....as soon as I wire it in anyways.

Once again thanks for the intake manifold wayno. I hope to get started sometime this week or at least get all my parts in.

Yep, that's the one you need.

All my power steering setups except for one are custom setups, meaning that I have to fab up brackets for the pump on the L20b or diesel engine I have in my trucks.

I have one diesel power steering unit, I wish they were all that compact, it's down real low on the engine, out of the way.

I need to make a correction, I said all the Z block units, when I should have said all the 720 units, the hardbody pump is small and is low/mid on the side of the engine, that pump was used on a lot of Nissans, the reservoir is separate/remote and can be put out of the way.

You can see my reservoir is in the back corner of my engine compartment(diesel), the pump is on the front of the engine high, but can be put low if you have the room.

DSCN0153.JPG

Well

Z22E Intake manifold bolts up to the z24 and the injectors will support a 2.4L only problem is z24 ports are square and the z22 are round, also youll  have to port the head a little bit for the injectors spray pattern and yes I will be using megasquirt for this build.

Depends what is it your wanting to change?

Well I'm looking to make my ride a little less rough, I'm New working on vehicles so i dont know what would be the easiest fix for that

Yeah, I knew the z22 intake would fit. I was just saying I've never seen an z24et done before.

Idk why but I have a feeling this thread might die. I could be wrong though. As many have brung up building a z24 including myself and very few that I've seen actually did it. Sorry to be all negative but I hope it boosts your confidence to keep going. lol

• Like 1

Well

Well I'm looking to make my ride a little less rough, I'm New working on vehicles so i dont know what would be the easiest fix for that

Well the best thing you could do is replace all the bushings with rubber not energy. Check your ball joints and tie rods to be sure you don't have any play. Use energy bushing on your sway bar and links only. Get better performance shocks.

did the scion seats bolt right up? also did you bother with sound treatment? i find my 720 a little noisy inside the cab and am contemplating between peel n stick or gtmat. and maybe a heavy dose of bed liner on the outside.

No I didn't bother with any treatments as the interior will be gutted. Custom fiberglass panels for a sub and the 6x9s in the rear. Dynomat in the interior bottom front read and doors. I just needed some tunes for now. My trucks in such good shape the only noise is my loud ass tires on the highway. Who ever had it before me took care of it. He was selling it to a salvage yard and I saved it.

As for the seats, no it wasn't a bolt up kind of deal. I ended up drilling new hole and using big washers and lock washers. When I have the cab off I'll fill in the old holes and weld the new nuts on.