Xcessive intake mani in a KA 510

nustad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the throttle body is too far away from the plenum, throttle response can suffer because of the time it takes for the plenum to fill up with usable air.

If it were here in my shop, I would cut the plenum and simply turn the throttle body mounting flange slightly and weld it back on, or maybe cut the mounting flange off and weld an extrememly short radius 90  or 45 onto the plenum.

...or I would move the engine back.

i am not thinking of cutting the plenum or moving the tb to different location. but i feel the 90 to sharp to put on a silicone pipe connection sleeve so im thinking of weld on a v band connector on the tb to cold pipe first entering the tb to connect . as soon as the pipe straighens out ill use a silicone pipe connector to allow for engine flex i dont think this would have negative affect if we go this rout. and i dont think i will get as clean as a fit if i use a universal silicone 90 then custom pipe work with v band

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...