Xcessive intake mani in a KA 510

nustad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Just rebuilding to stock.

From what I see of them they are designed for running motorcycle carbs or throttle bodies. This wouldn't be stock. Is this your aim? If so, we have a thread on R-1 carbs and manifolds, surely someone has thought of running this on a KA-E or DE

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/7862-r1-carbs-lots-of-pics/

Not interested in motorcycle carbs or tb's.  I was just going to run the excessive plenum/intake instead of the stock.  I think the excessive looks cleaner but in pics on a 240sx it looks like the plenum is to far forward (towards front of engine) to route the intake on a 510.  Pic - 

CIMG1042.jpg

Why bother? Its WAY overkill for anything but a turbo motor. It flows so much better that its better suited for high rpm and forced induction. Sell your piece of art, and make some money.

You would probably be better off with the stock mani and the Z32 Throttle body.

• Like 1

i have a xcessive manifold that i will use on my 510 getting the KA24DET  i still have not fully installed it but i can say that if you are not planing on making over 300hp to the wheels dont bother with it mainly do to the fact u will need to get a top feed fuel rail, the stock injectors/rail will not fit on it . and use bosch style 14mm top feed injectors. so you will need some kind of managment for them.BUT the xcessive manifold fits  better on a 510 going N/A. the throttle body is about 1 inch pushed forword and about 6 inches up higher then stock location. so it will fit with custom air intake. but with turbo from the TB to a FMIC is so close it makes it a problem. i can see why in the pic the guy decided not to use a Ic.     

20140901_084029_zps42c1b331.jpgHere is how I am going about it.

I would route that intake pipe away from the hot rad air and run the air in from in front of the rad. I know they run better with a long pipe between MAF and throttle body so run it straight out past the rad, elbow and ten across the front of the rad and to the MAF. EFI will compensate for cooler denser air and give more free power.

• 3 months later...