toolbox and ducky-chan chronicles

hobospyder

I told ya , you should not count them , just keep collecting them . !!

Nice kc dude ! And scored in a barter ! Even better.

back down to six. Trying to buy a house with more property and parking space than the duplex I'm currently renting so that I can actually work on all of the vehicles I have and store them where I live not at my buddies

And thanks, couldn't pass up the deal

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Been debating how I want this truck to end up being. I'm thinking I want awd on him when I'm "done"

Never had an awd vehicle before but that is now an option. Kinda want to go v8 as well just for giggles but Idk, he still sits waiting to be moved so I can start working on him

• 4 weeks later...

Removed driveline and tranny this morning and busted one of my fingernails in the process. Raining and had puddles on the tarp I was laying g on so no oics.

Preparing to tow toolbox from my buddies house to my house because my buddy thinks he's going to be evicted within the next couple weeks.

Frame actually looks to be in pretty good condition considering she hasn't been under cover and has been on the west coast for the whole life of the truck as far as I know. Izzo kept him in the garage but still, west coast

Yeah it is. Hoping my buddy can find somewhere for him and his family quick. He gets back to working starting Monday. Won't be able to work on the trucks (either of them) because of trying to buy the house. Prior obligations and my car breaking are hurting me on this check so I'm a little short for everything right now but I have an idea that make make it all work

Here's my nail

IMAG0194.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Was down at the shop poking around since I had someone working on the roof trying to get rid of the leaks. He took the "skylight" panels and started replacing them along with clearing the moss off the one side, other side to come later. Started as:

IMAG0273.jpg

Cleared off:

IMAG0271.jpg

And new panel:

IMAG0272.jpg.

The difference between the two sides of the shop front and back was phenomenal. Can't wait for the other side to get done.

But while I was down there I figured I should do something so I unloaded toolbox and managed to get what will hopefully be his motor on a stand by myself

IMAG0270_1.jpg

No I'm not tanker so I didn't go lifting a l20b by myself though I have tried. Motor was in the bed of toolbox and only needed some slight leverage and my body weight to get the stand upright but I was happy with the result.

Will proceed to unload little miss next time the roofer is here working. And then I will start figuring out where the parts I have are going though most of them are hers and not toolboxes sadly. Gotta collect more parts.

• Like 1

holy crap with size of those beams you could hang datsuns like air fresheners of those giant bitches !!

maybe when I take cab and bed off of the yellow one.

One of the beams has what looks like an iron I beam hanging off of it for like engine hoisting and stuff (best guess)

If I had the money for it I would be looking. New commuter, roof and moving costs killed my wallet. need a few checks before I can start buying stuff again sadly.

Unless it's required that's is

But it was actually a decent temp this morning when I left at 0130 so if I get done with the brakes on the new commuter and don't go rolling that around for fun I'll get back out to the shop tonight and tinker around. Still have to unload little miss and make sure toolbox and all his parts (as well as little miss who is safe under her cover) aren't getting dropped on

• Like 1