toolbox and ducky-chan chronicles

hobospyder

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuel filters are too cheap not to stock up on, huh? I always buy a few and stash.

That new carb should get things running good! What does one of those cost new? 

I dig the HF press! I've wanted one for a while, but I don't have a lot of floor real estate left in my garage for one. But I have a few projects that require it at the moment.

i saw the price on them and said fuck it, i'll need them anyways

Hobo, punch that dent on the fender from the back side with a 'delicate force' and that will mostly pop out the dent. It really bothers me.

i don't really do delicate. and that last bit is something i say a lot 

Love my harbor freight press. I only had enough room for the 12 ton version though. Combined with the SWAG MFG brake it makes bending plate easy. 

i still haven't put mine together yet but like draker, i have a few things that i can use it for. and 2 cars specifically at this point needing bearings

• Like 1

went down to the shop after everything got here and being lazy for a little bit and got to putzing around. started with draining the gas tank

20170309_130240.jpg

um... ew......

moved on to the fuel filter

20170309_130254.jpg

easy peasy... let's do a carb

20170309_130229.jpg

umm.... i don't like this part, can't move inlet like i did on the 38

20170309_130257.jpg

but i got it connected and not kinked so that was nice

38/38 weber (non genuine) will be saving for little miss since i think it'll go good on the motor i want to put in there anyways. way too much power for an l16

20170309_130813.jpg

running

dz start push button

brake adjusters put back together with lots of anti seize and brake lube stuff to keep things moving

20170309_150533.jpg

i guess i'll start on brakes again tomorrow

• Like 1

Just give it a little punch, but not a pussy one. Think like someone just cut you off and then hit the brakes while you have your daughter in the car and your punching the horn to let them know they should die. But punch it like your in the Golf, not your truck. That would be different

• Like 1

Just give it a little punch, but not a pussy one. Think like someone just cut you off and then hit the brakes while you have your daughter in the car and your punching the horn to let them know they should die. But punch it like your in the Golf, not your truck. That would be different

i can't punch my golfs horn, airbag in the center, two little buttons around 2:30 and 9:30 for thumb push. i can take a picture if you want

also i just roll with what people do when i have my daughter in the car, i don't want to teach her road rage

• Like 2

Sounds like it's running pretty smooth! Thanks for posting the amazon link. Complete kit with choke cable and all.. nice!

i cross referenced from redline.com for the kit number. redline says no choke cable but it came with one on the amazon link. i have another cable on the way since redline said it didn't have one. also, it's a genuine weber. no stickers

could probably get a electronic choke as well but i went with the manual because i didn't feel like searching for 12 volts under the hood already having a hacked ass wire harness in there. 

• Like 1

and yeah, ran great, i'll probably have someone show me how to tune it though, or just take it to my mechanic and have him tune it. 

should probably figure out the exhaust before trying to get it in my name..... hmmm.... still need to get driving and stopping and add the side marker lights on

and yeah, ran great, i'll probably have someone show me how to tune it though, or just take it to my mechanic and have him tune it. 

should probably figure out the exhaust before trying to get it in my name..... hmmm.... still need to get driving and stopping and add the side marker lights on

10 min mark

• Like 3

last piece of the brake puzzle came in today. will attack them with a gusto on sunday. may even have help with the bleeding process instead of the bullshit i had to do today with my two golfs. i need a spare set of legs i swear to god

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teen-Mannequin-Flexible-Movable-Poseable-Articulated-legs-/152470528466?hash=item237ff3a1d2:g:BjEAAOSwZQRYdXz0

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 4

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

seriously though you made me cough from laughing so hard. i think those might be a little too short and not quite strong enough

• Like 4

last piece of the brake puzzle came in today. will attack them with a gusto on sunday. may even have help with the bleeding process instead of the bullshit i had to do today with my two golfs. i need a spare set of legs i swear to god

Dude, I'll ship my motive power bleeder up there if you ship it back when done. I have the datsun M/C and clutch adaptors. I even have the German M/C adaptor left over from my MKV R32...

• Like 1

All you need is a 12-14 foot length of clear tube. Put it on the bleeder, and put the other end in the reservoir. Pump till no bubbles.

Those pressure bleeders are dope though.

• Like 3

All you need is a 12-14 foot length of clear tube. Put it on the bleeder, and put the other end in the reservoir. Pump till no bubbles.

Those pressure bleeders are dope though.

now if only I could find that much tubing. Any suggestions? I would happily do that
  • Like 1

The key is to open the bleeder just a crack. It's possible for air to leak in via the threads, but I've done it several times with perfect success. Just run the line by the drivers door and watch for bubbles. Bleed the master first of course and make sure the reservoirs don't go dry while filling the clear tube with fluid.

• Like 1