Water leaking into cab! 620

So.. I have a datsun 620 kingcab. It has a pretty substantial leak in the cab when it rains an water collects on both the drivers side floor and passenger side. I tried the ol hose test and determined it was coming through the windshield. I reaealed it with some sealant I got at the auto store. When that didn't help I took of. The guard that covers the wipers and checked for build-up and it was clean as a whistle! Help.. I don't know what to do and winter is coming!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The cowl (thing with the wipers and louvers in it) has small clips that fit into holes just below the glass. These holes should have a plastic plug the the clip fits into but keeps the water out.

At the far end of the plenum under the cowl there is a drain on each side, very small and easily plugged.  It should drain behind the fender and just ahead of the door hinges. Use a flash light to see. Poke out with cot hanger.

20 bucks says its the windshield rubber.  They get dry and brittle and crack over time.  Mike may be right also, I had the same problem on my 620 way back when, I believe I found it to be the windshield rubber.  Either way, check both those, you'll find your leak.

The leak can also be at the top, the water runs around in the channel and dribbles out on the inside at the bottom. It can also get it between the rubber and the body metal, run down and around the frame and drip out. If there are holes rusted in the A pillar it will simply run in and down the kick panels

I dealt with a similiar issue with my 620. It turned out to be the sealant on the rain gutters over the doors. It leaks past the rain gutter sealant right at the top corner of the windshield where the metal seam is and leaks down the windshield seal into the cab. Completely making you think that it is the windshield gasket leaking.

Check the bottom of the door.There are several drain holes.If these are open,it is not coming from the door.If there were no gaskets at all and the truck was sitting in the rain(downward rain-not wind-driven),no water should enter the cab from the doors.

Get someone to run water from a hose on the roof of the cab while you're inside with a flash light.