side draft carb choices?

CraigMicheals

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikuni came as an upgrade. 

Is an upgrade. They weren't offered as an option or upgrade.

For that there were 38mm Hitachi SUs on the L16SSS 510 Coupe. No for the 510 sedan or goon but at least factory period correct.

Mikunis have some nice features. I like the linkage arms and throttle stops. Way better than Weber.

You have to be careful when buying Webers. They were originally made in Italy. Sometime in the 90's, they moved the production to Spain. Than Weber sold the licensing to people who had cheap Chinese ones made. They are ALL real Webers. But they are not equal.  I only buy new ones from Redline. I prefer the Italian ones though.

Being an old aircooled VW guy, and playing with Weber IDF's and IDA's, by the time I moved over to Datsuns, I already had $500 worth of Weber jetting crap, so it only made sense for me to stay with Weber. 

Either one will serve you well, but buy GOOD linkage, or get ready to have them go out of sync on a regular basis.

• Like 1

good info! ill defiantly have to make sure i get good linkage.

Mikunis have some nice features. I like the linkage arms and throttle stops. Way better than Weber.

You have to be careful when buying Webers. They were originally made in Italy. Sometime in the 90's, they moved the production to Spain. Than Weber sold the licensing to people who had cheap Chinese ones made. They are ALL real Webers. But they are not equal.  I only buy new ones from Redline. I prefer the Italian ones though.

Being an old aircooled VW guy, and playing with Weber IDF's and IDA's, by the time I moved over to Datsuns, I already had $500 worth of Weber jetting crap, so it only made sense for me to stay with Weber. 

Either one will serve you well, but buy GOOD linkage, or get ready to have them go out of sync on a regular basis.

Is an upgrade. They weren't offered as an option or upgrade.

For that there were 38mm Hitachi SUs on the L16SSS 510 Coupe. No for the 510 sedan or goon but at least factory period correct.

Maybe he's referring to the 1967 1/2  Roadster 2000 with factory Solex carbs. Solex, Mikuni, same thing.

true, true. they sound fuckin amazing too! lol any good website recommendations i can order from?

check out wolfcreekracing.com for Mikunis and jameng.com for webers both companies offer a variety of intakes...

Ebay usually have some good Solex the Italian versions for sale very often and you could also find rebuilts kits on there as well...

• 2 weeks later...