[clarkson] Its a Jaaaaaag [/clarkson]

well I got all the gauges working with the V8....

mms_picture170_zpse5268906.jpg

but.... being english, the gauge only wanted to read from 1/2 to full hot

lol instead of cold to hot.

concluded faulty gauge.

so got an aftermarket electric and modded it to fit in the factory face.

mms_picture174_zps1cb36c1d.jpg

I also hate cold/hot gauges and would much rather have one that tells me what the actual temp is.

mms_picture169_zpsfeafd385.jpg

mms_picture173_zps19a356ef.jpg

mms_picture171_zpse3e3c086.jpg

mms_picture172_zpsbc1d0f99.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think Skib, this could be you!

:rofl: thats the general idea.....

and the funny bit is most Jag owners (lurked a few forums) are very anti mod.

totally different than J-tin. theres like a handfull of ok mods

and everything else they get in a real huff about lol

They are NOT fans of the V8 swap hahaha

I deff want to hotrod this thing. and Iv got now prob lopping a hole in the hood for a blower

lolol I feel like if you have a blower... your obligated to hang it out the hood.

• Like 1

one of the issues with the Jags is they have a standard 5 by 4.75 lug

but... the hub is a massive 2 and 7/8ths.

so any wheels I get for it I have to take to the machine shop and have the hubs bored out.

eyeballing these for the future though...

10603302_10203850775847646_5394088678813

10422327_10203856437949195_8440461684565

stock wheels are 15 by 6 I think, need to do some measuring to see if I can get some 8s in the rear...

deff be a tight fit if I can.

• Like 1

gauge mod looks factory 

and if I owned a jag which I did before I got back into the Datsun scene I would drop a Chevy small block in it in a heartbeat and give the middle finger to anyone who didn't like it 

gauge mod looks factory 

and if I owned a jag which I did before I got back into the Datsun scene I would drop a Chevy small block in it in a heartbeat and give the middle finger to anyone who didn't like it

That's all you aussies do. Pretty sure you guys couldn't figure out how to operate a car if it didn't involve hangin the bird out the window while you're mashing your Chevy V8 powered import.

That's all you aussies do. Pretty sure you guys couldn't figure out how to operate a car if it didn't involve hangin the bird out the window while you're mashing your Chevy V8 powered import.

whose an Aussie 

my neighbor has a beautiful red XJS with a small block. On some nice wire wheels. Who ever did the swap did it right, as it looks factory. He says he cant take it to any place that specializes in Jags as all he gets are bad looks. I just dont understand why swapping in a motor that is more powerful and reliable is a bad thing...

• Like 1

my neighbor has a beautiful red XJS with a small block. On some nice wire wheels. Who ever did the swap did it right, as it looks factory. He says he cant take it to any place that specializes in Jags as all he gets are bad looks. I just dont understand why swapping in a motor that is more powerful and reliable is a bad thing...

Brand loyalty. Like a 350 stuffed into a 510 goon. How's that sit with you?

Brand loyalty. Like a 350 stuffed into a 510 goon. How's that sit with you?

impractical

See..

See what?

Why are we shoving motors that weigh significantly more in 510s?

At least the 350 is probably comparable weight to the stock motor, and possibly lighter... I find your argument invalid.

I have no problem with other brand motors in datsuns, F20C, 4g63/64... I have problems with badly thought out swaps.

• Like 1