A14 needs some help

Hi guys, New to forums for the most part. Looking at some answers for troubleshooting my car. It still has its mechanical fuel pump rather than electric was wondering if I should switch over. I'm having a fuel issue i believe I go to start it, its a hit or miss, but once it gets the fuel its fine, I've been using a basketball pump to put back pressure towards the tank on the inlet so it will start flowing. once that happens it has enough pull to do it on its own. Any reasons as to why its doing this?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time before starting lift the air filter up and take a look at the fuel sight glass in the front of the carb. If there is fuel at the mark on the glass it has plenty to start up on.

A small crack in the hose between the steel fuel line and the pump? When engine is shut off, air leaks in and the fuel flows down hill back onto the tank. However the carb should still be full and there is more than enough to start it up on and get the fuel flowing.