An open unapology

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a Snap On truck that cruises by my shop, I need a new die grinder.

Craftsman sold out hard to the "do it yourself" crowd, everyone has, except HF

333f8a80-55d8-488b-85b8-192a77839b4f-bg1

HF this o'k ^^^^^      ?????????         I prefer original orange color

in my experience, no stay away. i have bought several die grinders from h.f. and they are all shit even for h.f. they were all on the low end of the shit scale. 

I had Air Cat 1/4inch and 3/8inch air ratchets, and iirc an Air Cat die grinder. All of them were powerful and super quiet. The 1/4" HF air ratchet i origionally had was louder than the 3/8 air cat. And the 3/8 would break knuckles if you weren't careful.

I love my matco 1/2" impact, but I did have a HF impact that lasted FOREVER. No oil for a year and a half and it kept truckin' till I got my first snap off.

I have owned my IR 1/2" Titanium gun for over 10 years. 

Rebuilt 3 times. Never oiled or greased. Beats nuts over any gun in my shop. 

MAC die grinder's. Straight and 90*. Again, never oiled. Been screaming for almost 10 years each. 

1/4" and 3/8" IR air ratchets. Again-no oil. 15 years a piece. I'd put these against anything out there. 

BUT-I've bought a lot of Milwaukee tools lately. 

1/2" 18V gun. 3/8" 18V gun, 3/8" 12V gun. 1/4" 12V ratchet. 

Hardly touch my air tools anymore. 

AND-more power, longer battery life, lighter weight, better warranty, and cheaper than anything comparable to what Snap-On offers. 

• Like 2

My ninety year old Swedish immigrant grandfather from St. Paul MN swore by the stuff back when quality meant something. I remember my mom being all pissed because he chewed her out for buying Makita ( this was 1980 or so) and saying that Japanese made shitty stuff. I disagree aboot their cars  but modern Makita seems to burn out  and their batteries are finicky.

Its funny, two of the guys at my work have Milwaukee tools. Impacts and drills overheat with about 20 seconds of use.

The guy I work with just bought a ryobi set- drill, impact, circular saw, fan, light, and sawzall. 30 minute charger and the fan ran for about 7 hours on high today before dying.

I have a black and decker matrix. Drill and circular saw in one. Also has a ton of other attachments. I beat the hell out of that drill every day. Unless im drilling into concrete the battery lasts forever and the circular saw attachment will cut thru 3/4" plywood like butta. Everyone at work ragged on me for buying it. Until they realised the saw attachment will fit into some tight places and the battery lasts forever.