Rabbit Pen ( Canby 2015 Giveaway Truck )

denmarkboy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got to get rid of those wheels!!!!!!!!!!Nice save.Thats parts truck looks saveable as well.

I kinda like em , you cant buy these rims anymore. I do however want to run stock rims and tires , but can't seen to find a set of caps and rings , I had a set but gave them away about a week ago . And I only had 2 bowls , I did have all the rings .

The parts truck does have lots of good things on it , but the floors are done , but from what I can tell it's all one paint sheet metal . The doors are solid,beds pretty nice ,

All I can think about is other projects I am working on . I really need to get some help . I am building 5 different projects at the same time . And I already have a 3rd 521 that I started last year,I kinda lost interest in it because it looked like everyone else's . Not much for following ! The view is much better from the front .

I kinda like em , you cant buy these rims anymore???

they don't make AMC Pacers either. and I still don't want one

I like the stock rims on 521s   sometimes putting as modern rim on a 521 just isn't right. Like Konigs on a Willys Jeep. It wont work.

510s is different they are a modern looking car ahead of its time(look at the 1st gen M3 BMW) just a 510 with flairs

• Like 1

did a little work on the parts truck , ie : points , ngk's , weber, fuel ,  same cap used rotor used coil and wire, and it fired right  up. no smoke runs good , needs a valve adjustment , and exhaust gasket but sounds pretty good . now its time to pull it and do the gaskets & paint and get it in the " rabbit pen " .

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/denmarkboy/media/VIDEO0005_zps9dv6mnpa.mp4.html

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just got 2 more 620's. And the only reason I bring that up is I don't find as many 521/520 as I did in the past . And for that reason I think I am going to build both of these trucks .

The "rabbit pen" will live on as a all stock truck . I have one of every option for the truck , so I am going to tear it down and start from the bottom . That's right I said it ( STOCK ) , those who know me will tell ya I can hardly say that word ( Friday thru Sunday ) anyway . But that's what I am doin .

So what does that mean for the white truck ???.

Well since I have to name them all to keep track !! I think I am gonna name it ......." Farm truck ".....which translates to a truck that looks like it got left on the farm for dead. And after years of neglect was pulled from the BlackBerry bushes,only to be washed and left the same .

Oh ,, except for a stupidly outrageous power plant that stays hidden under the faded hood ! Just waitng to scare the shit out of some unsuspecting sucka... "Farm truck " sounds good to me

• 2 weeks later...

today i've been playin with my new 620 daily driver . but i am also stackin up parts for this build . since most of this truck is straight it didnt take long to find the only part that was really screwed up. so i got 2 , seeing as i have other trucks that may need them. but so far saving the best stuff for this truck . 

IMAG3312_zpskm3rtz3v.jpgIMAG3313_zps95ffngoj.jpgIMAG3314_zpsdvailsz1.jpgIMAG3268_zpspvjcq7ra.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

today i've been playin with my new 620 daily driver . but i am also stackin up parts for this build . since most of this truck is straight it didnt take long to find the only part that was really screwed up. so i got 2 , seeing as i have other trucks that may need them. but so far saving the best stuff for this truck . 

IMAG3312_zpskm3rtz3v.jpgIMAG3313_zps95ffngoj.jpgIMAG3314_zpsdvailsz1.jpgIMAG3268_zpspvjcq7ra.jpg

Nice hubcaps, don't you need 4 of each? :lol:

• Like 1

I have a full set of beauty rings that came on my 620 and a hood for the rabbit hutch I will bring with me. 

IMAG2815_zps1kifokys.jpg

If your going "original" (sounds better than stock) you will want the wheels that are on the front. The rears are disk brake wheels from '78-'79.

• Like 1

I have a full set of beauty rings that came on my 620 and a hood for the rabbit hutch I will bring with me. 

IMAG2815_zps1kifokys.jpg

If your going "original" (sounds better than stock) you will want the wheels that are on the front. The rears are disk brake wheels from '78-'79.

Yeah this was an early picture.I have had like 4 different styles on it , and yeah stock is the plan .

wow dude that thing cleaned up nice. 

Your parts truck for this one is better than some members daily drivers.  Don't do that!

Although I haven't started a build thread yet for the white one aka farm truck , I am going to leave it as is appears wise and lower the shit out of it, fix the canopy a little, put those Chevy rallys on it and make it run and drive perfect and that's it . I was going to use it for parts but I just couldnt do it .