Rabbit Pen ( Canby 2015 Giveaway Truck )

denmarkboy

EDIT Sorry ; This is the truck that i have decided to use for the " Canby Giveaway Truck" . . please see the build thread in datto project .

Hi kids , since i hate having rigs that do not run, here is another one that has come from the dead zone. It was used as a rabbit pen . 

I have stripped it down to far enough to see that it was a white truck , all the pieces look original to me. i am pulling the 1600 and 4 spd and swapping in a l20,5 spd,

i do plan to lower it 3 inches ,i have a couple different wheel options so i will try a few , i kind like the welds,and i am pulling the rear bumper , i have to switch the hood because they let the hinge get rusty and some jack off tweeked it IMAG2703_zpsdzbsgg7k.jpgIMAG2746_zpsdhkvxy9a.jpgIMAG2747_zpstmtxrwgo.jpgIMAG2748_zpshzfsjrwk.jpgIMAG2749_zpsdqpirgxb.jpgIMAG2750_zpsgueucf9a.jpgIMAG2751_zps5d007d9d.jpgIMAG2752_zps1dfql3yg.jpgIMAG2753_zpstc5pt7xc.jpgIMAG2754_zpshqzzsqje.jpgIMAG2756_zps796pwppk.jpgIMAG2757_zps69tzflxa.jpgIMAG2758_zpslfpjt0rs.jpgIMAG27591_zpsd8e9bb6a.jpgIMAG2760_zpsbo8rxqbv.jpgIMAG2761_zpsbqzd4l9t.jpgIMAG2768_zps08790257.jpgIMAG2769_zpsfz492gas.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, how many datsuns you got laying around? I count two 620, two 521, I wanna say that's a four door 510 at the end of the line and I can't tell what's on the left

Edit: correction 3 620, I missed the one in the garage and damn that 521 is in amazing shape for having been a rabbit pen

• Like 1

Much easier to clean moss, dirt, and even rabbit crap off a truck, than to have to replace rust.

This:

Arrival.jpg

Became this:

FenceWork1_zps8c4e2e4f.jpg

It is a daily driver, at least on the days I drive.  Over 5,000 miles so far, and not only out into pastures for fence work, it has taken me to the Blue Lake Datsun meet, Canby, Mount Hood Meadows for a day of snow skiing, Detroit lake two weekends ago, and has hauled home a ton of wood pellets I think five times.

You can read all it's details here.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30606-my-ratsun-datsun-521/

• Like 2

That's some serious before/after - a pretty solid white truck under there!  Heck, some of that body work is definitely better than mine.  Can't believe the floors.  Keep up the good work.

Alright, how many datsuns you got laying around? I count two 620, two 521, I wanna say that's a four door 510 at the end of the line and I can't tell what's on the left

They're breeding like... 

Edit: correction 3 620, I missed the one in the garage and damn that 521 is in amazing shape for having been a rabbit pen

i find its better not to count em , and all except the 510 are mine,it belongs to another ratsun member . But if your gonna make me count ........right this min ( 6 ) . a couple weeks ago it was ( 8 ) sold a kc 620 to eagle_adam and i just sold a very solid 620 to 1low620... 

IMAG2546_zps861efe1b.jpgIMAG2690_zps703e1c57.jpgIMAG2729_zpsfb05234f.jpgIMAG2853_zpsrf3h5rca.jpg1206mt-03mini-truckin-lyfestyle-june-201

all of the 620 are going to be used to build this .

Much easier to clean moss, dirt, and even rabbit crap off a truck, than to have to replace rust.

This:

Arrival.jpg

Became this:

FenceWork1_zps8c4e2e4f.jpg

It is a daily driver, at least on the days I drive.  Over 5,000 miles so far, and not only out into pastures for fence work, it has taken me to the Blue Lake Datsun meet, Canby, Mount Hood Meadows for a day of snow skiing, Detroit lake two weekends ago, and has hauled home a ton of wood pellets I think five times.

You can read all it's details here.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30606-my-ratsun-datsun-521/

great lookin turn around , i love seeing the ones that were left for dead driving again ! 

i find its better not to count em , and all except the 510 are mine,it belongs to another ratsun member . But if your gonna make me count ........right this min ( 6 ) . a couple weeks ago it was ( 8 ) sold a kc 620 to eagle_adam and i just sold a very solid 620 to 1low620... 

1206mt-03mini-truckin-lyfestyle-june-201

all of the 620 are going to be used to build this .

yeah i'm still waiting on that build

Good god I want your bumpers lol.

Never thought I'd see a dash pad worse than mine ... lol!

You should see mine. Sitting not running 15+ years in Arizona, big holes in the foam.

WOW, it has a locking gas door, that is kinda rare.

Really? Mine has one, albeit not in the best shape. Didn't realise it was uncommon though.
  • Like 1

got some oil in the holes ,pulled the carb soaked everything down real good . used a socket and it turned over easy smooth , got a battery hooked up and spun it over ... 1 / 3 / 4 all very strong , 2 nd hole very old sound threw the intake while spinning ... so i pulled the valve cover and it has a broke intake rocker and it was jamming the intake valve open ...pics tm

here is the parts truck for the " Rabbit Pen " it has alot of great stuff as well , but the driver side floor is messed up , but together that will make a great truck , i am going to use the stock seat , so flofit seats have to go . might even leave it stock and put factory wheels back on it .IMAG2933_zpskdqaohjn.jpgIMAG2936_zpswmh7a1ki.jpgIMAG2937_zpsxaion8rq.jpgIMAG2939_zpsep7vpqbo.jpgIMAG2941_zpsylkvjtqm.jpgIMAG2944_zpscynfpcoo.jpgIMAG2946_zpsjog4isej.jpgIMAG2948_zpse3tuz1uy.jpgIMAG2949_zpsqrsp60hb.jpgIMAG2951_zpsklfnbfge.jpgIMAG2952_zps2izcawzd.jpg

• Like 1