how to install an spectre plenum dual ram air intake?? Help!!

CraigMicheals

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How was it running before you put that thing on?

If fine...start over and put everything back like it was. 

And why? Your engine will not magically be able to suck more air because the that. 

Sell it to some Chevy guy and wipe it from your mind and photo host.

it was running great, i just had the stock set up on. now, it was running fine when i first got it on, then i drove it around a little bit, then i put breathers on the 2  exhaust tubes toward the front of the engine, and then it wouldn't stay running so i took them off, not its running rough, low rpms, not wanting stay started..

Start over.....run engine stock and pay attention to what you unhook/disconnect, when the engine tells you it dislikes something by immediately running rough/dying that will be your answer :D

BTW.....that's a mod I've never seen done on a bog stock Z motor, hmmmm

You are not alone. The auto after market industry is worth billions, selling shiny replacement 'things' to people that should know better. Most stuff is simply snake oil, with big promises and prices... that don't do anything better. In order to be useful a product has to be an improvement over the stock part. The vast majority of car makers got things right the first time.

The stock air filter does a good job as it is. Adding more doesn't improve on it unless the original is dirty. The stock replacement filter is probably under $10. What did that 'thing' cost to not have your 510 run properly???

A lot of owners want something to work so bad they loose perspective. Try flipping the top cover on the air filter. Chevys will still seal and the air is filtered but the sound gets out. Might work on your Datsun.

^...when I was very young and dumb, I did this on my nine duece caprice classic cop car....it backfired at a stop light... caught the filter on fire burnt the shit out of my engine bay. I had it somewhat under control till the ups guy ran over and sprayed his fire extinguisher down the carb.......

well first things first is gotta wash it real good. but, i bought some chrome polish, ill get it looking good, but i think I'm gonna order a weber 32/36 DGEV kit. 

What's wrong with the carb on it now?

Does TX do emissions checks like the Gestapo here in Cali? 

I'm not against making things "look" better, just don't "lose the rabbit" while doin' it B) 

--Ray