My 1976 Datsun 620 KA24DE Swapped, 3 year Project

DATASS SON

So I don't normally use Ratsun besides to just troll around but finally uploaded my progress pics on my computer so heres a couple of pics i have of the progressing of my project datsun. It is a 1976 Datsun that i bought as my first car sophomore year in High School for $300. I ended up coming across a totaled 1993 240sx KA24DE at auction and decided to pick it up for an engine swap and started driving it the beginning of my senior year. Took me a while going on three years now to finish with upgrades such as full suspension, exhaust, rust removal, little things here and there and I'm just about ready to throw a Holset HX30 turbo in it  :D Also i just turned 18 in july and drive this as my daily to college now. Hope you see what you like feel free to comment and lemme know what you think of it thanks!   :thumbup:

Screenshot_2014-06-11-17-40-45_zps6c81bd

Screenshot_2014-08-22-00-22-35_zpsbd9aba

Screenshot_2014-08-22-00-02-40_zps86c9d2

Screenshot_2014-08-22-00-04-16_zps04cf7e

IMG_20140707_171933_zpse046b303.jpg

18f083dc-5d5f-44ea-adc7-a96bb2064fcf_zps

82599f58-f949-4788-8dad-5461ebd3885e_zps

• Like 4
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vedy nice! I really like the color. 

And that is a very much totaled 240...

gonna need more pics now....

Thanks man picked everything out myself and yeah apparently the owner of the 240 drifted into a solid wall and thats how it ended up there but luckily the crash didn't reach the engine 

• 1 month later...

Hi , i have a 1973 datsun 620, and i am strugleing with clearance issues with my ka24de swap, i dont think i will be able to fit a fan inbetween the radiator and the pully, i cant find custom motor mounts to have the engine sit further back, please help, anyone

You must be using the KA transmission. The crossmember needs to be slotted to move the engine closer to the firewall. This will get you plenty of room for a fan. 

I replied to your PM about my mounts. You will still need to slot the crossmember and my mounts will center the motor in the transmission tunnel. 

Here is a picture of where the motor should sit.

620002.jpg

Link to the thread on my mounts. 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/39780-620-ka24-motor-mount-brackets/

There is a lot of information in that thread as well as a few links to more information.