Feels like autumn.

DatMo

Trying to think of what front lip I should get... bre or duck lip...

Also, now that I have my thermostat housing and all, I can turn on the datto soon just to see how the engine runs and to make sure there are no leaks and etc. 

I'm kind of regretting 13's on the 510...

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The mirrors on that orange wagon look like the round ones that are on the 1200's

They have ebay ones from Singapore that are for 1200's but I'm scared to buy em and get the wrong thing lol

Some updates. I finished the battery tray delete.

I wouldn't say you "finished" it.   ^_^

really want the fender mirrors on this car. I'm not sure which ones they are but I love them.

datto%20wago_zpspek5a8ob.jpg

Those look like Lucas fender mirrors to me? Used on tons of British cars in the 60s and 70s. 

They are super cheap from Victoria British: http://www.victoriabritish.com/icatalog/sm/full.aspx?Page=31

I wouldn't say you "finished" it. ^_^

Those look like Lucas fender mirrors to me? Used on tons of British cars in the 60s and 70s.

They are super cheap from Victoria British: http://www.victoriabritish.com/icatalog/sm/full.aspx?Page=31[/quoted]

Lolol yeah I guess you're right. Perfect! I'll order them tonight! Thanks a bunch!

They are pretty decent quality too. Surprising now nice they are for the price. :thumbup:

Must agree. I think I'll get a duck lip like my last 510 as well. I think the brelip is somewhat of an overkill. I'm excited to get a lot of progress done

Post up when you get the mirrors and I'll get you the measurement for where they go on the fender. There is a dimple on the inner fender where the underside of the mirror fits.

Oh sweet! I didn't know that. Thanks

I'm planning to get an aba steering wheel. I ordered a boss hub because I'm not the biggest fan of the momo's.

I need to find some turning signals. I've just been buying a ton of parts lately. Feels good. 

If anyone has some turn signals, let me know. 

Also interested in a front air dam 

eye brow and lower grille trims. 

I think I'm gonna need to get some spacers for my 13's as well. 

ahhhhh... I really want to make them fit. 

You talking about the rubber that goes on the ends of the core support under the fenders?

Yup! mine was hanging by one piece on the right and I never had a left one. 

Are they a necessity? 

Yup! mine was hanging by one piece on the right and I never had a left one. 

Are they a necessity? 

Those, and the long skinny rubbers between the fender and upper rail do dictate proper fender spacing. They won't be mounted "right" without them, or a reasonable facsimile. 

You could always just use a rubber spacer/washer, or even a very thin metal washer? 

Those, and the long skinny rubbers between the fender and upper rail do dictate proper fender spacing. They won't be mounted "right" without them, or a reasonable facsimile. 

You could always just use a rubber spacer/washer, or even a very thin metal washer? 

I'll look into it a bit more.

Thank you though.

On a whatever note, I painted but I sucked and i need to sand some runs.

First time using a gun so you live and learn.

But It'll be done by Friday.

It is coming along nicely.

Then I'll have suspension to get working on before I mount my engine in!!!!

Which is actually done just needa sand out some rust in my xmember and control arms. 

Hopefully by sunday I'll have the suspension redone. That should not take too long at all. As soon as it is done, the engine will be goin in!!!!

I'll put the tranny in separately. 

engine%20bay%20done_zpsakyesi4o.jpgengine%20bay%20done%202_zpsiobrgwul.jpg

Didn't delete the battery tray dimple??

lol didn't think it was a big deal?

Plus, I'm happy with how it came out so the rest doesn't matter.

Here's some updates. I can't fit my damn t3 strut bar and i need TWO HEADLIGHT retainers...

autumn%20suspension_zpsmlyvii4g.jpg