Feels like autumn.

DatMo

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So linkage figured out but where do you guys buy tie rods to connect the carb linkage to the throttle? Also when you tuck wireswires, do people, ccut the rails? I'm not sure how to get the wires tucked.

The wiring is going really well. On a different note, which alternator is needed to delete those relays? I know a 240sx one. Anything else? Also, I measured and I'm supposed to cut 7 inches off my driveshaft which is currently 47 inches but idk if that's right and I couldn't find other similar measurements. Don't wanna screw that up.

280zx internally regulated alternator

Perfect. Got one installed. Back to good old wiring. Also stupid me thought integra seats would be a direct bolt in however it's not and I really don't wanna drill holes in the car. Does anyone have any pictures of z seats in a 510? How do they look?

So i ran out of money.

I just need the driveshaft.

I'm actually looking to get some civic hood struts.

But i did lower my subie :)

I'm finishing more wiring on the 510 tonight but here's the subie.

Here's some pics. and my team crew, moonspeed.

subie%20with%20evo_zpsjlx4ygl3.jpg

subie%20lowered_zpskzosek46.jpg

Anyone got any pics of the coil mounted on the radiator support?

I'm moving mine just because my wiring comes too close to my fan and scares me. 

• 2 weeks later...

But I did find this...

The MSD Blaster Coil is designed to mount in most factory canister coil mounts. MSD also offers a Chrome Coil Bracket, PN 8213. It is recommended to mount the PN 8202 and 8223 coils in an upright position. The High Vibration Coil, PN 8222, can be mounted in any position due to its epoxy potting compound.  

Actually Vertically is the preferred mounting direction, especially for oil filled coils. 

This is what I always thought too? 

Although it is only empirical evidence, I have run the MSD Blaster 2 in all my 510s mounted sideways and never had a failure. In almost all of my 1200/B210/210s I ran it at the stock 45 degree angle with no failures either. 

Been a mechanic off and on for 25+ years. Never heard this even once. Where did you hear this?

Maybe it was upside down, I had a golf cart the required the coil to be mounted upside down and it would burn coils up all the time, then I found one that was the right one.