My new 810 coupe.

maddogdriver

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20140806_181027_zps7cb92b72.jpg

Looks like a '79 hardtop with the small opera windows on the back. The '78s didn't have that.  Can't place those mags at all. Factory right? Where did you find it? Must have been garaged to survive SD winters.

Oh, and welcome to Ratsun. You have the first post in the 810/910 forum.

Can't believe I missed this, welcome to ratsun and the 810 club I also own a 79 810 but mines a wagon. The 810 Coupe is something I'm after when I have the money I had a few slip threw, and weird were starting to see more and more 810 coupes and just 810's for that matter. Hope it doesn't need much because 820 coupes are the hardest to find parts for.

Only the hardtops had the 5 speeds unless an option? Is it a 5 speed?

Mike the 79 Coupe came both in 5 speed manual & 3 speed automatic but autos were an option. We didn't get a 78 Coupe only coupes were made from 79-80, 80 being pretty rare year for any 810 especially a coupe only know one and know the person he lives in Texas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just bought this car from my old friend in Aberdeen maddogdriver going to go pick it up on Saturday and drive it to Fargo ND the car drives smooth and everything is super clean except the hail damage but that's all cosmetic bs that can be dealt with at an other time but a solid motor with only 60 some k original miles the guy never drove it really but a garage queen none the less super excited to go pick it up. First things first a good tune up with new wires plugs cap rotor timing check fuel filter and probably new rubbers I do have a set of rims on my s12 that are 4x114.3/4x100 and a rim size of14x8" with a zero offset does any one know if these will fit in the wheel well after I tighten up the suspension witch will most likley drop it about 2 to 2.5"

Welcome to Ratsun. As to the rims fitting, you have them, put one on and see. As long as they are inside the fender lip most tires will fit even if you lower it some later. Tightening up the suspension does not involve any lowering. Two different things.

Would love to see some pictures....

The the tires are a 205 50 I have them currently on my 86 s12 coupe and they almost fit in the rear but stick out pretty good in the front But going to pick up the car on Saturday in Aberdeen sd hang out at the shop for a few days and drive it 220 ish miles home to Fargo ND on Monday morning so I'm kinda taking a leap of faith that it will make it home but as soon as I pull in the garage the wheels are coming off and the other ones are going on as well as a good tune up and oil change

Ok so got the car home last night after the 200 mile journey she drove great doesn't like the wind to much but o well got to home and instantly into the garage to get rid of those snow tires in the rear and put on my 15x8s wrapped in 205 50s and there is a lot of fender rub not sure if it will be ok yet but it did start removing the rubber it felt it didn't need I'll post some pics later today buts for now gots ta take the family to church Rollin in the new 810